Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Resolution Limitation

Keynote has a limit of 4000 x 4000. I understand this was a limitation of texture in graphics cards that did not support over this resolution.

Graphics card have come along and now support 8k x 8k or 16k x 16k texture sizes. So can apple please update keynote to support this resolution and have a warning to say if the graphic card does not support the resolution doesnt support running at that resolution.

The Max resolution out of a Mac is 5760 x 1080 @ 50Hz on Dual Link DVI.

So please can people support me and get this limitiation rasied for keynote 09 or to get it sorted for the latest keynote coming out.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 10:42 AM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2011 6:55 AM in response to Brian Peat

I am using a Matrox triplehead2go with the latest firmware. (so it can do 3 x 1920 x 1080 @50Hz)

I work for a video AV company that does AV for large corpatare clients. We are always pushing the Hardware as much as we can but to do that resolutions we have to use microsoft powerpoint with a plugin called powershow.

I just wish keynote would get over this limitation.

Keynote should warn you that it might not work with older hardware, no limit you to that resolution.

Keynote Resolution Limitation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.