4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2013 11:52 AM by Friendly_Ogre
hadphild Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Keynote has a limit of 4000 x 4000. I understand this was a limitation of texture in graphics cards that did not support over this resolution.

Graphics card have come along and now support 8k x 8k or 16k x 16k texture sizes. So can apple please update keynote to support this resolution and have a warning to say if the graphic card does not support the resolution doesnt support running at that resolution.

The Max resolution out of a Mac is 5760 x 1080 @ 50Hz  on Dual Link DVI.

So please can people support me and get this limitiation rasied for keynote 09 or to get it sorted for the latest keynote coming out.

• Brian Peat Level 6 Level 6 (18,215 points)

Do you have a screen or projector that high enough res to actually present to? Are you splitting it with a matrox box? Just curious.

• hadphild Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am using a Matrox triplehead2go with the latest firmware. (so it can do 3 x 1920 x 1080 @50Hz)

I work for a video AV company that does AV for large corpatare clients. We are always pushing the Hardware as much as we can but to do that resolutions we have to use microsoft powerpoint with a plugin called powershow.

I just wish keynote would get over this limitation.

Keynote should warn you that it might not work with older hardware, no limit you to that resolution.

• reedav Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I agree any news on this yet? I would love to see keynote support 9,600x1080 at least. Anyone find a way to get it to ouput for 4 monitors plus one for control? I'm using a Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition that has 6 ouputs and need to ouput 7,680x1080 and then a control monitor for it.

• Friendly_Ogre Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

So... Apple... What's the deal?? This issue was addressed two years ago asking for an update, and now with the launch of OSX 10.9 there's still no fix?? I guess I'll continue to use PCs with Microsoft software since they can accomodate.