Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I downgrade to iMovie 9.0.1 or 9.0.0?

Back in January I upgraded to iMovie 9.0.2 and I have been working on a project ever since. Just to check on it, because my computer goes slow and I cant view how it will really play in the Full screen Theater, I export it from time to time to see how its coming out. And I just have started to notice the audio issue attatched to the 9.0.2 update.

I have been told that the only way to fix this is to revert back to 9.0.0, can someone tell me how to do this while not losing my projects? Thanks

Macbook Unibody 13 in., Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 11:22 AM

Here are the various builds of iMovie. There is no 9.0.0, but 9.0.1 looks like the most recent stable build.

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#imovie

As for your projects, they should stay in the same directory even when you change application versions.

You can navigate to them manually by going to *yourhomefolder*/movies. You should see iMovie Events and iMovie Projects folders.

You can back them up if you're nervous about losing them.

Happy moviemaking!

An Apple a Day...

Doctah Wilson

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2011 11:22 AM in response to lilchris0294

Here are the various builds of iMovie. There is no 9.0.0, but 9.0.1 looks like the most recent stable build.

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#imovie

As for your projects, they should stay in the same directory even when you change application versions.

You can navigate to them manually by going to *yourhomefolder*/movies. You should see iMovie Events and iMovie Projects folders.

You can back them up if you're nervous about losing them.

Happy moviemaking!

An Apple a Day...

Doctah Wilson

Aug 13, 2014 10:22 AM in response to lilchris0294

Hi, you cannot update 9.0.1 if you have a later version 8.0.6 - i have downloaded 9.0.1 (as there does not appear to be a 9.0.0) but update is rejected as it needs version 9.0.0 or later to download! I cannot use imovie any longer as it keeps crashing. This happens when I open the named project - drag a clip and it then force quits every time!? I've spent hours searching for a solution. Can anyone shed any light?

How do I downgrade to iMovie 9.0.1 or 9.0.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.