Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come when I export a ringtone to itunes nothing happens?

I have created a ringtone in Garageband 11. I turn on looped play and select the region which I would like to use as a ringtone, and go Share -> Send Ringtone to iTunes. Garageband thinks and processes the request, displaying status bars of mixing down, compressing, etc. etc. The operation succeeds (seemingly) but when I go into iTunes my ringtone is not located anywhere. I have ringtones activated in the iTunes preferences, I have created a playlist called Ringtones (which I have referenced in Garageband settings) and the file simply does not come through. It is not located in either my music nor my ringtones library. I have searched my HD using spotlight, and no results are returned other than the original Garageband project.

I have also tried sending song to iTunes in both AAC and MP3 format, same results. Send Podcast to iWeb does work however, and I am able to view and play it in the iWeb editor window.

Using Garageband 11, OSX 10.6.7

Any help would be very much appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 12:15 PM

I solved my own problem...

I keep all of my music on an external HD, and iTunes was unable to write to this drive, thus not being able to accept the ringtone file. There was no warning or error message, however. To fix this problem, go into iTunes settings and set your iTunes folder to a local disk instead of an external.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2011 12:15 PM in response to Justindustrial

I solved my own problem...

I keep all of my music on an external HD, and iTunes was unable to write to this drive, thus not being able to accept the ringtone file. There was no warning or error message, however. To fix this problem, go into iTunes settings and set your iTunes folder to a local disk instead of an external.

How come when I export a ringtone to itunes nothing happens?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.