Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't Apple just admit the iPad 2's screen is faulty and start a Recall?

Just look at how big the thread is on the iPad 2 signifiacant light bleed problem... I mean we got people that think this is going to be fixed sometime soon and apple after a month going on two is still shipping out faulty iPad 2 screens??? I am a victim but I love these apple products, not a fan of Mac but the ipod, iPad, and iphone are like a life line for me. It honestly amazes me that they would F-up two years in a row, 1st being Antenna Gate and now the iPad 2 screen. Who in the world are they hiring for Quality Control checks before these things launch and how are they passing? I'm sure I will get people on here to agree and some to disagree with my comments but no one can disagree that there is a fact something wrong with this iPad 2 hardware and that the money we pay for these things should be entitled to a fix/solution ASAP. So come on Apple let's straighten this out so I can look forward to the next launch and not have to worry about getting another faulty device and having to come up with excuses to my friends and fam as to why you are still the best company to buy from when it comes to these kinds of Amazing electronics!

Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 1:08 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2011 1:21 PM in response to ramone12781

Many users, reporting the bleeding, have posted here, saying they took the unit back to an Apple store and had it replaced. Isn't that the kind of thing you'd do if you had a hardware problem? (If not the store, then contacting Apple directly for instructions on a repair.) Of course getting a replacement at some locations was a problem due to the short supplies. YMMV.

While many have had the bleeding problem, it seems most users have none. So it's not universal. My wife's new iPad, ordered within the first hour it was available from the web site, came without any problems. For others there were problems. I don't see a recall if most iPads don't bleed.

Apr 18, 2011 1:36 PM in response to pvonk

Well your wife and few others are 1 of the lucky 1's then i guess?? But why return it in exchange for one that is going to be the exact same if not worse? The views and replies to that thread alone speak for it self. When Apple gives us a rate of return percentage on the ipad 2 or starts tradin these in for good ipad 2 screens is when I will reply to you as being right.

Apr 18, 2011 2:12 PM in response to ramone12781

The thread to the bleeding screen is not really that big. Out of the millions of iPads sold only a couple thousand have complained. Very minimal and they can take the device back for an exchange. Another thing is that may users probably don't notice it cause it is very limited or not present at all. For the folks that have it very limited they probably don't care cause it doesn't affect there use.

Why doesn't Apple just admit the iPad 2's screen is faulty and start a Recall?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.