Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to burn a dvd

I need a really good user guide for using iMovie. I can't determine how to save a movie onto a DVD or make an DVD movie

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 1:11 PM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2011 3:45 PM in response to Bici

Bici wrote:

I need a really good user guide for using iMovie. I can't determine how to save a movie onto a DVD or make an DVD movie

You can go from iMovie direct to iDVD via Share at the top of your screen however this method may produce sub standard results.

The most reliable way to burn a DVD is to export your project from iMovie - Share > Export Movie. You can choose Large (960 x 540) as DVD is only SD and save it on your desktop or wherever you like.

Once that has been exported open iDVD and select Create a New Project.

Choose a name and aspect ratio then choose a theme from the right side of the window.

You can scroll and click on various themes for a preview.

Once you have chosen a theme, File > Import > Video and select your exported project.

The burn button is the segmented circle at the bottom right of the preview window.

Use iDVD Help for more information.

Z.

how to burn a dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.