Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Will Not Launch or Connect

Ever since installing the latest update of FaceTime on my MacBook Pro, it will not launch.

Everytime I try to launch it, I get the below error message:

"You have been disconnected from FaceTime services.

An internal error occured that disconnected you from all FaceTime services. To resume using FaceTime, quite and relaunch FaceTime."

I've tried quitting and restarting, I've tried deleting the .plist file, I've deleted and re-installed, and I nothing changes. I get the error message every single time.

Can anyone help?

MBP 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.7), / 16GB iPhone 3G

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 2:01 PM

8 replies

May 2, 2011 10:43 AM in response to Hurangeshu

We are not the only two people having problems. MANY people have left comments on the Facetime app page. I ended up contacting Facetime support, (click on Express Lane, fill out your info and have them call you immediately) and we were able to fix the problem. That would be my recommendation. Basically there is something wrong with the update, so it has to be uninstalled and reinstalled. I had placed it in my trash before to uninstall, but had not emptied the trash (that was the key for me). From there, I went to the App store, clicked on purchases, located Facetime and reinstalled it. After testing the program, it worked as before. I hope that helps.

May 2, 2011 11:23 AM in response to georgeanderin

Unfortunately, this hasn't worked for me. I just tried it again, trashed everything - including the .plist - then restarted before downloading and re-installing facetime, and I am still getting the same error.

I couldn't find a facetime app page before, though... where do I find it? (I HATE this site re-design!)

Thanks for the Facetime Support link... I'll try that now.

Nov 11, 2011 7:04 PM in response to Hurangeshu

Kept getting "you have been disconnected from facetime services" message and after three days of pulling out what little hair I have left, this is what I did:

Re-installed XCode 4.1

Still had the "you have been disconnected from facetime services" message, so I went into Keychain.app, searched for Facetime, found two keychains, deleted them both and problem solved.

FaceTime Will Not Launch or Connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.