Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I can move my SMS messages from my old Nokia to my iPhone?

Move contacts, calendars, To Do, photos, videos, etc. from my Nokia to my iPhone was very easy for me and there are many methods for free and without third-party applications such as Bluetooth, email, MobileMe, iSync, etc., but I do not know how to move all my SMS messages from my old Nokia to my iPhone. I know it is possible to export as a text document and read the document on the iPhone, but I want to keep the SMS format to keep the SMS messages threaded and associated with the sender contact number.

Please help me. How can I do it?

My Model is Nokia 6288

Como puedo mover mis mensajes SMS de mi antiguo Nokia a mi iPhone?

Mover los contactos, calendarios, tareas, fotos, videos, etc fue muy facil para mi y hay multitud de metodos gratis y sin aplicaciones de terceros, como por ejemplo por Bluetooth, eMail, MobileMe, iSync, etc., pero yo no se como transladár los mensajes SMS en mi Nokia a mi iPhone. Ya se que es posible exportarlos como documento de texto y leer este documento en el iPhone, pero yo quiero conservar el formato SMS para mantener el hilo y el numero de contacto del remitente asociado al SMS.

Por favor ayudame. Como puedo hacerlo?

Mi modelo es Nokia 6288

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2, 32GB

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 1:35 PM

8 replies

Apr 18, 2011 2:02 PM in response to wjosten

Maybe we don't know but is possible there's some trick or a way around of doing it. I refuse to believe that Apple has no solution for this. Apple are the first interested in facilitating people to switch their handsets to a iPhone and a easy way to move all your data as is possible nowadays to move from PC to Mac using Migration Assistant.

Apr 18, 2011 2:02 PM in response to Samurai

Believe what you want, but the ONLY way to restore SMS's to an iPhone is by restoring your iPhone from the iPhone backup that contains the SMS's in question. Since these SMS's are not in any iPhone backup, there is no supported way to get them on your phone. If you were proficient in editing SQLite data bases(the iPhone backup is an SQLite data base), you "might" be able to insert these SMS's in the proper place in that backup and then restore that altered backup to your phone. Not easy and something you should NOT attempt unless you know what you're doing.

Apr 18, 2011 2:08 PM in response to Samurai

Samurai wrote:

I refuse to believe that Apple has no solution for this.

Believe what you want, but Apple has no solution for this. I can't say that there isn't a third-party solution, though I haven't been able to find anything that is easy and seamless. Everything I've found requires extensive hacking and/or jailbreaking, not something for the inexperienced or faint-hearted user and not something we can discuss here.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Dave Sawyer

Apr 18, 2011 2:57 PM in response to wjosten

I don't know anything about SQLite data bases, but at least you point me to the right direction. Now, It will would be nice if someone tells me step by step where do I have to look and what do I need to manipulate. I guess I have to copy and paste the messages in the correct place on the SQLite data bases. I know the directory where the backup is located.

Sep 11, 2013 10:30 AM in response to Samurai

If you want to move SMS messages from your Nokia to iPhone, you must connect them first by computer.

Then i suggest that you have a try the professional software called 4Easysoft iPhone Manager.

It was designed to backup files from iphone to pc and pc to iphone.

It brings three main functions to you: transfer iPhone to PC, transfer PC to iPhone, and transfer DVDs and any videos to iPhone. That's to say, it takes it easy to backup iPhone files to Computer, export files/folder from Computer to iPhone, and and make iPhone ringtone for sharing with your friends or other purpose.

As i have forgotten its official website, you'd better google it and have a try!

hope it will really help you!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.