Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 not showing up in Windows 7 & iTunes

Ever since I upgraded the OS on the phone & installed latest update of iTunes about three weeks ago, I do not see it under 'My Computer' and in iTunes. I have restarted the iPhone several times, I have restarted the computer, I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes several times since I thought that had to be the issue. HELP ! ! ! !

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:25 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2011 11:35 AM in response to crkibler

When you plug the device in with the USB cable does Windows make the "device connected" noise? If you have the iPhone plugged in and go to Device Manager, do you see "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers?

If not you may wish to remove all the Apple related software through Programs and Features. This could include:

- iTunes

- Apple Application Support

- Apple Mobile Device Support

- Quicktime

- Bonjour

Once you've removed these items, reboot your computer and then re-install iTunes again. If you still have issues you'll probably have to call Apple Support to see if they can help.

iPhone 4 not showing up in Windows 7 & iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.