Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 6th generation won't come on and gets hot while recharging. What do I do to restore it?

My Ipod won't turn on and when I try to charge it it gets hot. Is there a fix for this problem. I tried everything I could find in troubleshooting.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:18 PM

7 replies

Jul 16, 2011 3:42 AM in response to iPod Whisperer

Thanks, I have to call back 800 692-7752 - the hours are 6AM - 6PM Pacific Time. The recorded message reccommends the site https://expresslane.apple.com - you need your device serial number for this. It's a shame Apple placed this number under the tiny clip on the 6th Generation Nano. (!!!)

Looks like I'll be waiting for the help line to open :/

Nov 10, 2015 9:08 AM in response to kikster23

I would recommend throwing it away and finding a real music device. Mine did the same thing but I can't get the serial number unless I take it apart to remove the belt clip so it's really going to be dead by that time. Don't know what they charge if I send it in but at this point, I think I am going to cut my losses and call myself "educated" by the experience.

iPod nano 6th generation won't come on and gets hot while recharging. What do I do to restore it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.