Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore error 1015???

I tried to restore my iphone and it won't finish because of this error (1015) code, I have the latest software? I've restarted, updated and tried to restore the phone again still same message. Now it's stuck in recovery mode.

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 7:50 PM

8 replies

Apr 18, 2011 8:36 PM in response to MissFierce

You might also try putting the phone into DFU mode and try to restore it. If you are continuously receiving the same restore error then a DFU restore may still be able to rectify the issue because it removes and replaces both the software and firmware.

To put the phone into DFU mode:

1. Make sure the phone is connected to the computer

2. Hold down the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time for 8 seconds

3. Let go of the sleep/wake button and keep holding down the home button

4. If you are successful, a dialog box will pop up in iTunes stating that iTunes has detected an iPod/iPhone in recovery mode.

5. Click OK, then click the restore button in iTunes.

Hopefully after that, the iPhone will be up and running so you can sync your content back.

Apr 18, 2011 8:58 PM in response to MissFierce

MissFierce is correct, delete the *.ipsw file on your computer

Mac OS X

~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Update

Windows Vista/7

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

then delete the contents of the iPhone Software Updates folder

Apr 18, 2011 9:18 PM in response to ah-lok

ah-lok wrote:

You should try DFU indeed.

Notice that successful DFU restore will give you a blank black screen after releasing your sleep/wake button. If you see the "connect to iTunes with a connector cable" graphic on the phone you failed putting it into DFU mode.

not needed, its just an old *.ipsw file, delete the file and it'll be fine

Restore error 1015???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.