Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When does a post show the poster's hardware?

Looks like the OP's does, but replies don't? (But if I look at a topic I've started as OP, it's missing.)

Oops, looks like there are things to check down at the bottom.

Message was edited by: WZZZ

iMac 21.5, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iMac G3/400 10.4.11

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 7:30 AM

13 replies

Apr 19, 2011 7:47 AM in response to romad

Thanks Romad. Is this $#@^%& up or what? You wanted this???????? This is all your fault.😠😉

Yesterday I remember being able to comletely delete a reply or an original. Is this now gone? This was my way of trying things out now that preview is gone.

Message was edited by: WZZZ

Apr 19, 2011 7:49 AM in response to WZZZ

I didn't see that option, perhaps it was part of the 15 minute window? One thing that was there but is now gone was the ability to edit your original post even after 15 or more minutes had elapsed. It was there Saturday night, and I think on Sunday, but on Monday it was gone.

Nope, I don't see a way to delete a post completely; just the text.

BTW, thanks for the "helpful" star; I lost 10 points during the conversion, so now I'm halfway back to my previous number.

Message was edited by: romad

Apr 19, 2011 7:58 AM in response to WZZZ

WZZZ wrote:

Thanks Romad. Is this $#@^%& up or what? You wanted this???????? This is all your fault.😠😉

LOL! No, all I really wanted was some fine tuning: custom avatars, ability to change alias, better sub-categories in the forums, etc. The reason I kept asking was they made the announcement 8 months ago, but then never kept us informed as to progress. They could have at least asked a bunch of us to beta test this during that time.

😀

Apr 19, 2011 7:59 AM in response to romad

Unfortunately, I suspect that for the next several days or maybe weeks the behavior of a lot of things will change as features get switched on or tweaked. That will make the learning curve that much steeper, but at this point there probably is no way around it.

I have pretty much resigned myself to not expecting anything to work the same way two days in a row, so I'm kinda amazed & pleased when something does. Perhaps an extreme example of looking for a silver lining but it does cut down on the impulses to smash my head against the desk or throw things at the screen. 😀

Apr 19, 2011 8:05 AM in response to WZZZ

WZZZ wrote:

I still don't see Advanced Editor.

Click on "Reply." Look just above the right top edge of the reply toolbar. You should see "Use advanced editor" in gray type.

Clicking that will take you to a new page with the advanced editor & the message you are replying to below it. (You won't be able to see the other posts, so you might want to open this in a new browser tab or window).

Apr 19, 2011 9:09 AM in response to romad

testing....

What I'm seeing is that Use Advanced Editor appears only for the reply, not the subsequent edit. That's why I never saw it. When I click on it for a reply, it gives me the ordinary edit options.

OK, I see that's how you can add your hardware if you are replying. Thanks all.

When does a post show the poster's hardware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.