Skip navigation

Too many distractions?

378 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2011 8:53 AM by R C-R RSS
R C-R Level 6 Level 6 (13,835 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 19, 2011 8:53 AM

Am I the only one who feels all the rollover popups are too much of a distraction?

For instance, if I click on a discussion in the list, chances are good that when its page loads the pointer will be over a poster's name, so the popup for that immediately opens … obscuring part of the post itself. So I move the pointer to get rid of that, being careful not to let it land on another poster's name. A minor annoyance, but one I could do without.

It is worse on my home page, where "helpful" rollovers pop up even on the links to my places list as I click on them.

I've also got two announcements that appear in a yellow box on home & other pages, alternating from the text summary of one to that of the other every 5 or 6 seconds. That quickly became annoying enough that I consciously avoid trying to look there, defeating the purpose.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.