Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset "Never for this website" in safari

I inadvertently selected Never for this website in safari when asked to remember password and login on my iPad2. Is there any way to reset to allow the login info to be stored?

iPad 2

OS 4.3.1

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 9:35 AM

14 replies

Jun 3, 2011 2:02 AM in response to tnman2

Yep I have the same issue.

Accidently press the "never for this site" and i now can't seem to find a way to reset it.

I have tired re-setting just about everrything. and the site won't prompt prompt me to save passwords any longer.

Surely there has to be a way to reset this anoying setting. so that Ipad Safari will remember my paswords for that site again.

thanks.

Aug 2, 2011 10:45 AM in response to Saber007

I am in exactly the same position. I have tried resetting, clearing and restarting absolutely everything and still this one website will NOT ask me if I'd like to save the username and password. I have tried turning off Autofill and restarting Safari and then switching Autofill on again - no joy.

Come on Apple, you must have a solution to this for the ipad? How can I edit the cookies for this website?

Aug 18, 2012 7:27 AM in response to tnman2

Same issue. Dumped all safari support, caches and prefs files and folders. Even got a new safari. Now it saves some logins only. Thr only thing I keep is my bookmarks. I prefer not to upgrade the os from 10.6.8 to 10.7.4. There must be a file somewhere that is preventing Safarifrom adding items to my keychain but I just don't know what it is.

Mar 20, 2013 6:28 AM in response to tnman2

I had the same issue on my Mac. I did not find any solution online, however I got it!

Do this:

Safari > Preferences >

Then go to "Autofill" tab, and click "Edit" bottom next to "User name and passwords". Find thw website name that you want to reset. In the user name cell, you must see "Passwords Never Saved". Remove that row. that's all! You're done. The next time you visit the page, you must be asked to save the password!

Mar 20, 2013 1:14 PM in response to SunnyYear

SunnyYear wrote:

I had the same issue on my Mac. I did not find any solution online, however I got it!

Do this:

Safari > Preferences >

Then go to "Autofill" tab, and click "Edit" bottom next to "User name and passwords". Find thw website name that you want to reset. In the user name cell, you must see "Passwords Never Saved". Remove that row. that's all! You're done. The next time you visit the page, you must be asked to save the password!

You can remove one step. Going to Autofill->UN & PWDS->Edit is the same a just clicking on Passwords instead of Autofill.

Jan 22, 2016 8:00 AM in response to tnman2

Manually enter your username and password. Tap "Passwords" right above your keyboard. Tap "Save This Password." It still won't autofill when you first load the page, but now you can tap in the username field and hit "Autofill Password." There seems to be no way to actually reset the "Never for this site" setting. Sounds like a job for http://apple.com/feedback.

Apr 16, 2016 11:32 AM in response to tnman2

This has been remedied. Not sure which version they added it but in iOS 9.3 you can now clear it by going to:

• Settings > Safari > Passwords

• Use search to find the site that's a problem.

• Swipe to the left to show Delete or tap Edit, select the site, then tap Delete

• Close Safari from the app switcher (this step may not be needed)

• Go back to Safari and log in to the site that was an issue. It should prompt to save the password.

Reset "Never for this website" in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.