Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 screen scratched

I have noticed in direct sunlight that my iPad 2 screen has started to scratch, can I get this repaired through apple? (I am willing to pay) It wouldnt bother me but it's less than a month old. Think I have cleaned the screen to much :-(

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 11:01 AM

Of course anything made by Apple can be repaired by Apple for a price. Out of curiosity did you use a screen protector film? just wanted to know so I could avoid that brand if it doesn't work.

8 replies

Apr 19, 2011 11:35 AM in response to marshy82

I ordered a 64GB Black wifi/3g and 32GB white wifi/3g ATT on 9 April so I'm just in the waiting pool. I ordered thru AAFES to save the sales tax but I think it's going to cost me a longer wait time but I'm learning all the tips and tricks while I wait to keep entertained so at least I'll be up to date when I get it. I'm currently in screen protector research mode and your post caught my eye. I fully expect it will exceed my expectations and hopefully I'll miss all the early production glitches people are having, not unexpected though on a new product so if I get unlucky I'll be knowledgeable on what to look for.

iPad 2 screen scratched

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.