Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Checking email stuck - can't change email settings

After having had my iPad 2 in Singapore (7 hours time difference) for two weeks and using it with a local Singapore Mobile Broadband with no trouble, when back in Sweden, with my original mobile broadband, it is now stuck.

I do not think it is a network issue since I can surf the web via either WiFi or Mobile Broadband.

These are the symptoms:

- If I start email application (google apps account synced over the air using "exchange" in the iOS settings), it just says "Checking email" or just "Connecting", and then nothing.

- Before, I had five six large 5mb plus pictures in the outbox, but I deleted these, and nothing is left there to see.

- This has been now for two days. I have rebooted, reset the device settings, and reset network settings - still same problem.

- Interestingly, I can´t access email settings in the settings application, when I click there, the application does not show the settings - it freeezes the application.

Any apple professors out there? I feel really really stupid that I can't figure this one out. Can it be a time zone problem with google sync / ipad?

If you solve this, I'll buy you a beer.

/Fredrik

ipad2, iOS 4

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 10:26 AM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2011 11:46 AM in response to frebjo

Just an update: I completely reset the device and erased ALL data and ALL settings, then restored from a recent itunes backup. The problem is still there. It still gets stuck on getting email and I still can not enter email settings in setting without freezeing.

If I reset completely again, and do not restore from the backup from itunes, then it works.

But starting from scratch and losing media, data and settings, for something so trivial as possibly some messages stuck in the outbox?

I am still interested in views on this.

/Fredrik

Apr 19, 2011 11:55 AM in response to frebjo

Hi,

When restoring as new solves the problem then obviously there's a problem with that particular backup.

But now... create a new backup.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Check iTunes / Preferences - Devices first. Make sure and delete any old backups first.

About iPad back ups here.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4079

But starting from scratch and losing media, data and settings, for something so trivial as possibly some messages stuck in the outbox?

I agree. You can post feedback to Apple here.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Carolyn 🙂

Apr 19, 2011 12:08 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

NOW THIS IS FIXED.

However, I had to completely wipe all data and start with a "new" ipad, and then choose not to restore any backup.

I managed to get all applications purchased in, as I rightclicked and "transfer" over the ipad in itunes before the reset.

So this is fixed, but far from good. I mean, is it really needed to reinstall the whole computer only for a styck mail message in the outbox?

Thank you Carolyn for helpful answer.

All the best,

/Fredrik

Checking email stuck - can't change email settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.