Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupted and failing updates.

I keep having updates failing. I just tried to update my iPod and got a message about the update being "corrupted' (I'd quote the message, but for whatever reason, selecting and copying paste is mostly disabled in tunes. Drives me crazy, why is type in the iTunes Store unlike all other type on the computer?).

Sixteen years of running apple updates and I've never had one fail untill recently. Now it seems to happen about a third of the time. Really irritating with the big OS updates, particularly on multiple computers.

And it happens on multiple computers — I've seen it on my ProMac, two different MacBook Pros and my old MacBook.

Not so much looking for a solution, more just wondering what the heck is going on?

Any ideas?

Pro Mac 8x2.8 - MacBook Pro 2.4 - G4 733 - And a classic in the closet!, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Started with a 6100/60 av OS 7.1…

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 10:38 AM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2011 11:40 AM in response to Neal Bridgens

There's something wrong with your specific setup, but I can only guess at what that might be. It's unlikely that the hard drives are corrupt on all those machines, though not outside the realms of possibility. More likely, you either have some third-party software installed on all of them that is causing the problem or there's an issue with your internet connection that is causing corruption in the data stream. Are you having problems downloading any other stuff?

Apr 19, 2011 12:05 PM in response to thomas_r.

No chance* it's that many hard drives. Two of those are brand new macs that have no other issues.

I think it's got to be something to do with my internet connection… but I can't imagine what.

I have no issues with other downloads.

I do have similar setups, but one of the laptops was just clean install with CS5, iWork, Office… nothing exotic. The other laptop used "migration assistant", which did cause all kinds of problems.

The iPod update worked on the third try BTW.

It's just curious behaviour… not a real problem, at least until I get forced into usage based billing.

Thanks for the reply!

*Well anything is possable, just very, very, unlikely.

Corrupted and failing updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.