Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 is stuck in recovery mode and gives error code 2001 when trying to restore from itunes...any help?

Just downloaded the new software from itunes today for my iphone 4. While talking on the phone while plugged into macbook (charging) my call was dropped and then my phone turned off. Itunes now says it found my phone and it was in recovery mode and I need to restore it. When I try to do that I get an error code of (2001) and I am unable to go any further. any help from anyone please? Thanks. Ben

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 6:21 PM

9 replies

Apr 19, 2011 6:39 PM in response to benhutson

Thats okay 😀

Are you using a Mac or PC? The step about ports, it not really relative to your issue (error 2001)

Apple wrote (in TS1275)

(2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, and so on) If you experience this issue on a Mac, disconnect third-party devices, hubs, spare cables, displays, reset the SMC, and then try to restore. Learn how to reset the SMC. If you are using a Windows computer, remove all USB devices and spare cables other than your keyboard, mouse, and the device, restart the computer, and try to restore. If that does not resolve, try the USB issue-resolution steps and articles listed for Error 1604 above. If the issue continues, it may be related to conflicting security software.

So I would try an SMC reset if you are on a Mac. But mainly, try a different USB cable if you have one. 🙂

iphone 4 is stuck in recovery mode and gives error code 2001 when trying to restore from itunes...any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.