Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do I need to verify payment info if I have money on my account?, why do I need to verify payment info if I have money on my account?, why do I need to verify payment info if I have money on my account?

I have money on my account from a gift card. I tried purchasing a song, but i need to verify payment info. I do not have a credit card on file as I've always just used a gift card. I've never had a problem before. Help!

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 7:23 PM

Have you tried setting payment type to none? If memory serves me that is an option :)

6 replies

Oct 10, 2015 11:23 AM in response to Ry853

You don't have to have a credit/debit card but it is normally used at some point to validate your address so that, for example, you don't try to access the store of a different country.

There are some hoops you can jump through as you create your iTunesaccount that workaround the need for a card, otherwise once the account is set up iTunes may still expect you to provide one, which you can subsequently remove. If you don't have or want to use a credit card at this time you can try this method...

1. Enable the menu bar if needed with Ctrl+B (Applies to Windows only)
  2. Sign out of the iTunes Store from the Store item on the menu bar
  3. Go to iTunes Store home page
  4. Go to Quick Links > Redeem
  5. Sign in with your Apple ID
  6. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You should arrive at a Review Payment screen where one of the options is None - select this and continue... you shouldn't actually need to redeem a new voucher/card

tt2

why do I need to verify payment info if I have money on my account?, why do I need to verify payment info if I have money on my account?, why do I need to verify payment info if I have money on my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.