Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I be forgiven for not thanking people with helpful answers?

Can I? I don't participate in many forums and I noticed my last couple of questions have been viewed but with no responses. I have thanked people but never checked "helpful" or "solved".

The answers I have been given in the past have saved me a lot of grief and $.

I pledge to respond accordingly from now on.

Garison.

iMac 2Gh2 Intel Core 2 Duo (white panel w/camera), Mac OS X (10.6.4), iweb 1.1.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 5:23 AM

Hi,

Marking answers as Helpful/Correct should help others to find useful answers if they have a similar question to yours.

If no one has responded to your posts it is likely it's just that the people who looked don't have the answer to the question you are asking.

Best wishes

John M

6 replies

Apr 20, 2011 5:26 AM in response to garison

I thank taxi drivers when they drop me off. I thank waiters when they fill my wine glass. I'm just a big thanker. 8 out of 10 times I don't get thanks (points) for my helping someone here, but neither do waiters or taxi drivers. That's just the nature of a service-based economy, so you're like almost everyone else in that regard. What sets you apart, apparently, is that you even thought about this.

(I would say that it's highly unlikely that people have avoided answering your questions here because you haven't awarded points in the past. If you were an ingrate or rude, maybe that would be different. More likely, your question wasn't seen by anyone who could answer it. It happens.)

Can I be forgiven for not thanking people with helpful answers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.