Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot get past page 1 on windows desktop

Just want to add my voice to the problem. I would have replied to similar threads, but my Reply does not work either, although I can start a new discussion. I am running Windows XPHome SP3, using IE8 as a browser. No matter what I do (disable AV; firewall, pop-up blocker, delete all cookies, delete TIF, etc.) I can't get past page 1. Did not anyone beta test this forum before springing it on us? And if so, was it not tested with Windows users? There are a lot of us, especially on the iPod groups. How about a report from the hosts on how a fix is going.

Dell, Windows XP

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 8:33 AM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2011 5:25 AM in response to bobjbkln

I would have replied to similar threads, but my Reply does not work either, although I can start a new discussion. I am running Windows XPHome SP3, using IE8 as a browser.

Not a host, but I do use IE 8 on SP3. After the latest round of maintenance, I can now reply using IE 8, and a few other IE 8 bugs have been fixed. Has performance improved for you now too, bob?

Apr 22, 2011 6:51 AM in response to b noir

b noir: Thank you for your info. I just tried it again and I now seem to be able to navigate past page one and reply to messages. (Yesterday, using a trick I found in this discussion, by opening a page in a new window, I could reply to messages but still could not get past page 1) Navigating the discussions still is a bit clunky, but it does seem to work, and that is what counts. Let's hope it continues to get better. Still, I am surprised that Apple forced all of its discussion users into the role of Beta (or rather, Alpha and pre-Alpha) testers of their rollout.

cannot get past page 1 on windows desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.