Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how do I change 440Hz to 528hz?

I have done research and found 440 HZ is not natural to the human body, 528 is. Is there a way to change the HZ in PRO 8?

Logic Pro-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on

Reply

Page content loaded

Apr 20, 2011 2:07 PM in response to Fischer944 In response to Fischer944

there is a setting for that in preferences, but I have to say I'm a bit confused on what you're trying to achieve. Its not going to change the reference pitch of every instrument, and thats a really steep change, whatever it does change will be doing so using a pitch shifter which at that hz will sound very affected. I guarentee you not a single sample in Logic was recorded at that reference.

Apr 20, 2011 2:07 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 20, 2011 3:41 PM in response to Fischer944 In response to Fischer944

Fischer944 wrote:


I have done research and found 440 HZ is not natural to the human body, 528 is. Is there a way to change the HZ in PRO 8?


There's a distinct possibility your sense of humor was too close (in tone) to recently posted questions regarding the use of Logic.


Nevertheless... it is appreciated.


pancenter-

Apr 20, 2011 3:41 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2011 7:13 AM in response to Fischer944 In response to Fischer944

I apologise for not being specific and not doing more homework before I started this discussion. Im not realy looking to move the tone or freq to 528Hz but the harmonics to it. I am researching the harmonics to 528. Google (love528.com) if you are interested. Very interesting stuff. As for me I tinkered around with Logic and changed my Settings button which in it has the Audio section and reset that to 488 and the Tune section as well to roughly 443 ish. Your own liking may be a bit different. The change is noticeable but of my research shows your body resonates much better to 442-443 ish range which is close to the harmonics of 417&528. There is much more to the purpose to why I was asking and it isn't just music, its resonance of the body since we are made up of water and minerals (we are basically biological chemical crystals) which in turn vibrate at a specific frequency and have effects not on your body but your mind set as well. In stead of paying $1 at this site to change my songs from the 440Hz harmonics to 528Hz from the website (love528.com) I am using Logic I purchased years back and never got around to using it till now. I gave up my music hobby and went full time into research on various fields that the "higher learning" institutions do not teach.

I officially close this discussion on my end.

Thank you.

Apr 21, 2011 7:13 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2011 8:43 AM in response to Fischer944 In response to Fischer944

Hi,


if you change your tuning from A=440Hz to A=444Hz (= up 1%), your C5 will be 528 Hz.

Just looked at http://www.phy.mtu.edu/~suits/notefreqs.html and saw that C5 is normally 523 Hz, so only 1% off...

I don't see a reason to change your A to 528 Hz, because that's more a "random" note than C. This is because the scale of C is a do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-si-do scale. There's a lot to be said about frequancies and relationships; an important thing to realize is that if you're looking for "clean" harmonic relations, you shouldn't be using equal temperament but old "just intonation". See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_intonation and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_temperament

For myself, I (Chapman) Stick to qual temperament and bring Psalms 92:3 to practise :-)

Regards, Jaap

www.youtube.com/jaapdesticker

Apr 21, 2011 8:43 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 21, 2011 10:20 AM in response to jaap In response to jaap

jaap wrote:


For myself, I (Chapman) Stick to qual temperament and bring Psalms 92:3 to practise :-)

Regards, Jaap

www.youtube.com/jaapdesticker

jaap,


Since the OP has closed the discussion....


I was at the NAMM show the year the Chapman Stick was released, got to see some cool demos by Emmett and a young kid who was an absolute virtuoso on the instrument.


pancenter-

Apr 21, 2011 10:20 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2011 2:25 PM in response to jaap In response to jaap

jaap wrote:


loooong time ago... it hit the market around '75 :-)


That's right! I'm officially a geezer!


The kid that demonstrated the Stick was a killer musician.. he was playing Duke Ellington/Miles Davis and easily switched to classical and pop. Lot's of independence, solo line, inner part harmony and a bass line.


pancenter-

Apr 21, 2011 2:25 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2011 3:37 PM in response to Fischer944 In response to Fischer944

You can mod the resonance of your body by wearing a tinfoil hat and eating large quantities of broccoli. (www.lovetinfoilhatsandbroccoli.com)


I was educated on this from a nice gentleman giving stress test in the park using an e-meter, not from an institute of "higher learning."

Apr 21, 2011 3:37 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2011 1:00 AM in response to Fischer944 In response to Fischer944

Hi! Pay no attention to these mediocrities who are uneducated on this subject--you have definitely found the holy grail of sound.


To answer your question, how to pitch music that was recorded in 440 to 444(528=c) is simple. I don't use Logic, but just change your master pitch, or the individual pitch on each music track +.156 cents.


That aside, people will realize eventually that A=444 is the magic stuff and unless you've tuned up to it and recorded tracks that way you'll just never understand how bad you sound in regular 440.


For the record all you "Standard Tuners" are tuning A=440 which was first introduced

by Joeseph Goebbels as standard pitch for the Nazi military. Should tell you something, if you're used to thinking for yourself.


If you are a good reader, I would suggest looking at this:

http://web.mac.com/len15/MUSICAL_CULT_CONTROL/Leonard_G._Horowitz.html


It's called "Musical Cult Control: The Rockefeller Foundation's War on Consciousness Through the Imposition of A=440 Standard Tuning."


Why would somebody write something like that? Time to wake up, peeps!


On the flip flop tuning to A=444 makes your "C" 528hz. 528hz is the same frequency scientists use to repair DNA. How's your DNA? Nazi-ish?


You ever notice when you tune a guitar perfectly to A=440 and it still never sounds that good? Sounds harsh? Kind of warbly? It's not your cheap guitar. It's your "standard" tuning.


Did you know John Lennon's Imagine was recorded in A=444? Or that's what Paul McCartney is playing in live these days? Hey, keep tuning to standard, those guys don't know anything.


You think Pink Floyd tuned to 440? Yeah right. Look that up sometime too.


For all serious artists and musicians it'd be worth searching Google for "528hz" and "Solfeggio Frequencies" as well, if you're interested in God sounds.


For all you other "know it all" master musicians, keep tuning to 440 and sounding like ****.


Peace

Apr 22, 2011 1:00 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 22, 2011 1:46 AM in response to tigeronthewall In response to tigeronthewall

Doesn't matter what you tune to if you write, sing, play like cr@p.


In fact..... it doesn't matter at all what you tune to.


The Nazi's you say... I wonder why the U.S. officially adopted A440 in 1920 and were using it years before that.

Standard pitch has varied between A=435 and A=454 for centuries.


God sounds is Robert Johnson & Muddy Waters...


You sense of humor is better than the OP!


pancenter-

Apr 22, 2011 1:46 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2011 2:32 AM in response to Pancenter In response to Pancenter

Ok, Mr. Wikipedia, let's look at another source.


from

http://web.mac.com/len15/MUSICAL_CULT_CONTROL/Leonard_G._Horowitz.html


Introducing A=440Hz To Professionals


The introduction of electronic sound for stage, screen, and television did not proceed fluidly.


In 1910, motivated by a grant provided by the Rockefeller Foundation for the American Federation of Musicians, the initial effort to institute A=440Hz standard tuning had limited success in America. In Europe, the initial effort had near zero impact. Additional promotions were needed to secure the music world’s acceptance of A=440Hz that was perceived as less pleasant, or dull when compared with other frequencies described below.


Ironically, and most revealing about the Anglo-American cartel arrangement, to persuade European musicians to accept this tuning, and the British Standards Institute (BSI) adoption of it in 1939, Rockefeller-Rothschild “black-op” officials employed Nazi party propagandist, Joseph Goebbels. At that time, Goebbels was advancing to become England’s greatest media nemesis.


Lynn Cavanagh reviewed the history of standard musical tuning and determined that contrary to propaganda, and current consensus, it was 1939, not 1938, as the true year the British Standards Institute (BSI) adopted the A=440Hz standard promoted by the Rockefeller-Nazi consortium.(16)At the time, England was about to declare war with Germany, so surely MI6 would have known of Rockefeller’s alliance with IG Farben, the Standard Oil Company’s fueling of Hitler’s military build-up against Poland, and the funding of Hitler by the Rothschild-Rockefeller-Warburg family bankers backing IG Farben and the Nazi’s as partners in their emerging genocide.


In other words, the A=440Hz frequency was instituted at the precise time WWII preparations were being finalized by the petrochemical-pharmaceutical war financiers. Hitler’s Germany invaded Poland officially starting WWII on Sept 1, 1939. Only three months earlier, following widespread rejection of the A=440Hz frequency vibration by musicians worldwide, Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels argued on behalf of this, apparently very important, intrusion into musical artistry, effectively persuading Hitler’s supposed enemies in Britain to adopt this allegedly superior standard tuning for the “Master Race.”


After the war, the Rockefeller Standard Oil Company was indicted by a US Federal Court, as an “enemy national,” that is, an American traitor.(16)

-----------------


Lloyd, for example, an expert and leading critic of A=440Hz tuning, described his innate drive to “tune-up” to a “brighter,” more soothing and inspiring frequency. He described this as “an indelible calling for a higher pitch.” The British author and composer expressed his preference for precisely A=444Hz tuning. He wrote that this 4Hz higher pitch is more pleasing generally for musicians worldwide.(16) Here are his words:


My own experience in tuning an electronic organ to be used as a continuo instrument with orchestra, in the late 1940s and early ’50s, showed me that New York orchestra musicians could with difficulty be induced to tune their instruments to a'=440 Hz, but that if the organ were tuned to that pitch it would in the course of performance be flat as compared with the other instruments. If, on the other hand, I tuned the organ to a'=444 Hz, this difficulty disappeared, and I take it that this latter pitch is approximately that at which New York orchestra musicians habitually play, and to which they involuntarily tend to return even if they have started out by tuning their instruments to a'=440 Hz. (16)


-----------------



Similarly, recent research by veteran piano tuner and custom piano builder, Daniel Koehler, demonstrated the beneficial acoustic and spiritual impact of prototype pianos that include granite bridges to best accommodate the higher tension of strings tuned to A=444Hz (C=528Hz). Koehler reported most enthusiastically(23) that the 528Hz frequency resonates most powerfully and enduringly. Measuring volume and duration of string resonance, Koehler wrote:


"We took an introductory level small grand at 5 feet 1 inch long, and surpassed every 9 foot grand in the world on most of the piano concerning sustain with lack of fall-off. This is, with no boasting intended, actual fact on which I would stake my 35-year professional reputation."(24)


----------------

PEACE

Apr 22, 2011 2:32 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 22, 2011 10:21 AM in response to tigeronthewall In response to tigeronthewall

tigeronthewall wrote:


Why would somebody write something like that? Time to wake up, peeps!


I don't know why they'd write that. Because they felt like it?


Here's a similar question: Why do people walk around downtown wearing 12 layers of dirty clothing, pushing a shopping cart, and arguing with nobody there?


Nice post anyway. Nazis and the ubiquitous call to "Wake up," eh? All too familiar.


Okay, I'm off. Back to my nap time, peeps.

Apr 22, 2011 10:21 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Fischer944

Question: how do I change 440Hz to 528hz?