I have been configuring a new Mac Mini Server with the latest version of Mac OS X Server.
Typically we have been using Max OS X (non-server) in development environment and were following our instructions on how we set up all our boxes. In setting up our new installation on the "server edition" we came across something that caused up some pause.
After we got our WebObjects application launched through JavaMonitor, it attempted to open Safari, but "page" could not be found. We suspected that that WebObjects Adaptor was not being utilized.
Looking through the Apache logs we found this:
script not found or unable to stat: /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/WebObjects
We checked our httpd.conf (Apache 2.2.17). This file is slightly different that the one for our generic (non-server) Mac OS X Snow Leopard installations. It even mentions that in the comments at the top of httpd.conf file that ships with Mac OS X Server
We had included the following as we normally do -
But in order to get WebObjects to kick in, we needed to comment out the line
# ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/
Once we did that... boom... app was working fine. Since all that is running on this box is WebObjects and Oracle, we are happy with this solution. Moral of the post is that the httpd.conf file supplied is different between "Mac OS X" and "Mac OS X Server" editions.
Note: We do not even see the ScriptAlias line in our non-server httpd.conf.
We were clued into this from a previous discussion on here (and its related replies). http://discussions.apple.com/message/12786408#12786408
Hope this helps someone else.