8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2011 1:13 PM by red555
raspberryaddiction Level 1 Level 1
expertise.iphone
iPhone

Im sure the case companies are quite happy about it; but every time anyone purchases an iphone or ipad; out we go to repurchase cases.

Apple should simply make a matte finish ipad; so we don't have to search the net for anti glare screens; and give the iPad a grippy back; so we don't have to scramble around the city for a good case. Give users less hassle. BTW; love my iPad. Wish you guys would get quality control in order so those screen bleeds would not have ever shipped.....;-)

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2
  • slmorgan42 Level 1 Level 1

Hi

I hear you and in an idea, world I would agree. Problem is working a support role no two people never want the same thing. Even though I agree with you my friend would rather have smooth no grip device.

Sadly and happy for case makers everyone is different.

• HuskieN Level 3 Level 3

I think the iPad back is just fine the way it is, and the front glare can be decreased by upping brightness. A matte iPad wouldn't give the same experience when you touch it either, but if you want to give feedback, visit the link below.

http://www.apple.com/feedback

HuskieN

• raspberryaddiction Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone

You don't find the back of the ipad 2 to be way slippery? I ended up getting the Bookback by Dodo to give it some "grip". Anti glare worked great to get rid of window reflections in the screen. Very happy now;-) I find Im computing more from my sofa now than my desk chair; and accomplish 80% of work I'd usually do on my imac; in a more simple fashion. iPad is a way powerful device;-)

• Michael Black Level 7 Level 7

Geeze, how do you expect to sustain a consumer based economy with that kind of thinking.  That smacks of conformism! 

• red555 Level 4 Level 4

raspberryaddiction wrote:

You don't find the back of the ipad 2 to be way slippery?

Personally, I would prefer a rubberized, high-grip backing on the ipad. It would allow superior gripping and be somewhat protective.

• Kilgore-Trout Level 7 Level 7
    expertise.ipad
    iPad

I want one that has a holographic portrait of Alfred E. Newman on the back

:)

• crh24 Level 3 Level 3

raspberryaddiction wrote:

You don't find the back of the ipad 2 to be way slippery? I ended up getting the Bookback by Dodo to give it some "grip". Anti glare worked great to get rid of window reflections in the screen. Very happy now;-) I find Im computing more from my sofa now than my desk chair; and accomplish 80% of work I'd usually do on my imac; in a more simple fashion. iPad is a way powerful device;-)

I fixed the slippery back by getting the XGear clear snap on cover.

I also purchased an anti-glare screen protector (I had one on my original iPad and liked it) but found that I much preferred the original screen so I removed it.  The smart cover works well for me.

As another poster said...everyone is different in their likes and requirements.

• red555 Level 4 Level 4

James Ward4 wrote:

I want one that has a holographic portrait of Alfred E. Newman on the back

Alfred E Newman is on American Idol this year. He goes by the name "Scotty McCreery".

If it's not him, it's his twin brother.