Skip navigation

Repurchasing cases again and again...

341 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2011 1:13 PM by red555 RSS
raspberryaddiction Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 20, 2011 11:08 AM

Im sure the case companies are quite happy about it; but every time anyone purchases an iphone or ipad; out we go to repurchase cases.

Apple should simply make a matte finish ipad; so we don't have to search the net for anti glare screens; and give the iPad a grippy back; so we don't have to scramble around the city for a good case. Give users less hassle. BTW; love my iPad. Wish you guys would get quality control in order so those screen bleeds would not have ever shipped.....;-)

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2
  • slmorgan42 Calculating status...
    Apr 20, 2011 11:22 AM (in response to raspberryaddiction)

Hi

I hear you and in an idea, world I would agree. Problem is working a support role no two people never want the same thing. Even though I agree with you my friend would rather have smooth no grip device.

Sadly and happy for case makers everyone is different.

• HuskieN Level 3 Level 3 (980 points)
    Apr 20, 2011 11:25 AM (in response to raspberryaddiction)

I think the iPad back is just fine the way it is, and the front glare can be decreased by upping brightness. A matte iPad wouldn't give the same experience when you touch it either, but if you want to give feedback, visit the link below.

http://www.apple.com/feedback

HuskieN

• Michael Black Level 6 Level 6 (17,835 points)
    Apr 20, 2011 11:48 AM (in response to raspberryaddiction)

Geeze, how do you expect to sustain a consumer based economy with that kind of thinking.  That smacks of conformism! 

• red555 Level 4 Level 4 (2,550 points)
    Apr 20, 2011 11:57 AM (in response to raspberryaddiction)

raspberryaddiction wrote:

You don't find the back of the ipad 2 to be way slippery?

Personally, I would prefer a rubberized, high-grip backing on the ipad. It would allow superior gripping and be somewhat protective.

• James Ward4 Level 7 Level 7 (23,080 points)
    Apr 20, 2011 12:05 PM (in response to red555)

I want one that has a holographic portrait of Alfred E. Newman on the back

:)

• crh24 Level 3 Level 3 (920 points)
    Apr 20, 2011 12:24 PM (in response to raspberryaddiction)

raspberryaddiction wrote:

You don't find the back of the ipad 2 to be way slippery? I ended up getting the Bookback by Dodo to give it some "grip". Anti glare worked great to get rid of window reflections in the screen. Very happy now;-) I find Im computing more from my sofa now than my desk chair; and accomplish 80% of work I'd usually do on my imac; in a more simple fashion. iPad is a way powerful device;-)

I fixed the slippery back by getting the XGear clear snap on cover.

I also purchased an anti-glare screen protector (I had one on my original iPad and liked it) but found that I much preferred the original screen so I removed it.  The smart cover works well for me.

As another poster said...everyone is different in their likes and requirements.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2
  • red555 Level 4 Level 4 (2,550 points)
    Apr 20, 2011 1:13 PM (in response to James Ward4)

James Ward4 wrote:

I want one that has a holographic portrait of Alfred E. Newman on the back

Alfred E Newman is on American Idol this year. He goes by the name "Scotty McCreery".

If it's not him, it's his twin brother.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.