Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on apps?

I cannot get sound on my iPad (mark 1) with certain apps. Why?

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 11:06 AM

53 replies

Apr 20, 2011 11:15 AM in response to davidfromhorsham

Hi,

Try restarting the iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the red slider then swipe to the right to power off then press and hold the S/W button until you see the Apple logo.

Try your apps again. If you still have problems with sound, delete the apps from your iPad. Just tap and hold down the app then tap the circle with an x just above it then tap Delete. Do this for any apps where you have issues with sound. To stop the "jiggling" .. just tap your Home button once.

Then connect your iPad to your computer, launch iTunes, select the Apps tab, then click the Sync button bottom right side of the iTunes window. Maybe re syncing will help.

Carolyn 🙂

Aug 14, 2011 5:41 AM in response to Jason Reynolds

This is definitely a bug in 4.3.3, iPad2.

When switch is set to LOCK (vs. MUTE), sound for apps will only play if you're playing another native app. Problem goes away when you switch to MUTE.

for bug trackers at apple: in lock mode, no sound through non-native apps, unless you start a song or something in a background native app (itunes, for example). in MUTE mode, sound is available through all apps, regardless if you're playing something through another app.

Apr 20, 2011 11:15 AM in response to davidfromhorsham

It sounds like this is an issue not with your ipad but with the app itself. Look at the app's reviews and see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues and if so wait for an update to fix the issue or contact the app developer. I know Shrek cart on the iPad 2 has no sound, but the developer said they are working on a fix so your best bet may be to wait for an update.

You could restore your iPad in iTunes and see if your ipad has a glitch? That is what i may do eventually if the issue persists.

James

Jul 6, 2011 2:35 PM in response to khadijahfromnewark

No you do not need to sync to unmute. BUT you should sync on a regular basis for your own sake - backing up your data, etc. Now to your question....

After you flipped the switch, do you see a lock icon in the upper right corner of the iPad screen? If so, you have the switch set to lock the screen.

Try this, double tap the home button to bring up the task bar. Swipe to the right and you should see a speaker icon all the way on the left side. Tap that icon to unmute the system sounds and you should be good to go. Then tap the button again to return to the home screen.

If this didn't work it is possible that you have the sound turned all the way down. The volume control is right under the side switch. Check that as well.

Read the thread that King Penguin referenced in his response above. Here it is again.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

Post back and let me know if this worked for you.

No sound on apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.