Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore update badge, but no updates available

My AppStore icon will regularly have update badges, but when I open it, there are no updates available. I'll then close the app, and the badge will be gone, only to come a few minutes later with the same result :( does anyone else have this problem, or a solution?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.1, (GSM, Jailbroken)

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 11:50 AM

18 replies

Apr 20, 2011 11:53 AM in response to euvix

To be honest these are the solutions that may or may not work.

First thing I would try is rebooting the phone by holding the sleep/wake button and home button for 15 seconds until you see the white apple logo.

If that doesn't work I would restore from backup. If that doesn't work I would restore as new. If all else fails take it to your closest apple store they may replace the phone for a working one..

May 6, 2011 6:11 PM in response to euvix

Ok gays i found solution that works.

There is what you need to do.

1) Try to figure out what app causing the problem.

2)Update the app from iPhone app store.

3)Delete this app from ITunes on PC

4)Sync this app from iPhone to PC

5)Delete this app from iPhone

6)Sync IPhone with PC.

If you don't want toinstall updated version of app

step 1

2)Delete app which causingthe problem from iPhone and some other( doesn't matter which one) app that youhave in the iTunes on pc.

3)delete problem app from ITunespc

4)Sync with pc (you willhave 1 deleted app back and the problem one will be gone forever)

There is another think

If you want to keep the appbut do not want to update you will need to do the same but correct metadataplist just after install and app store will not update it and will not show anyupdates.

Ask if you have questions.

May 22, 2011 10:33 AM in response to euvix

euvix, what did you do? I have the exact same problem on JB 4.3.3. I think it was caused by a particular app which said it needed to be updated in the AppStore. I decided I just didn't want the app, so I deleted it and the AppStore badge went away. However, ever since, it is doing the exact behaviour you have described. I tried re-adding it and removing the metadata, removing all metadata on the phone manually by using iFile, resetting, and a few other things. Nothing seems to do the trick.

Jun 25, 2011 9:58 AM in response to euvix

People... I FIX MY PROBLEM.

The MAS show a upgrade for Angry Birds 1.0 to 1.5.1.

But, my app Angry Birds 1.0 was cracked for a guy in internet, that have ID ****@mail.ru.

So, MAS show a update, and all the time that i tried update, the MAS ask me for login and password this guy ****@mail.ru.

A tried delete the app and buy, but the update badge not go away, and the MAS show error all the time i tried buy a app with my accont.

So, a FIX this, and for test buy Angry Birds with my accont and all gone OK... 😀

STEPS:

DELETE THE APP THAT SHOW IN UPDATE NOTIFICATIONON MAS.

1_ Rebuilding the spotlight database.

• Launch System Preferences. You`ll find it hiding in the Apple menu.
  • Select the Spotlight PreferencePane.
  • Click the Privacy tab.
  • Click ADD Button and add your hard drive into the Prevent Spotlight from searching these locations list.
  • Close System Preference.

2_ OnyX.app

• Launch OnyX.app.
  • Manutence.
  • Fix Permition and execute. Wait for finished.
  • When finished, close OnyX.
  • Reboot MAC.

3_ MAC

• Launch MAC.
  • In this time, the Badge Update NOT SHOW again.
  • Buy the same app that MAS has notified after, in my example ANGRY BIRDS 1.5.1.
  • Now, the MAS ask for my ID and Password;

4_ Rebuilding the spotlight database.

• Launch System Preferences. You`ll find it hiding in the Apple menu.
  • Select the Spotlight PreferencePane.
  • Click the Privacy tab.
  • Click your Hard Drive on list, and click Delete Button above the list.
  • Close System Preference.

All update notifications have gone. This is a fix........... for now.

for help, ask me: cacalvb@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2012 1:42 AM in response to MommyZL

I think it is just an error in the app store app in iOS 6. Klicking on updates in the app store app only searches once a day for updates, but that part that searches automatically and triggers the badge does not bring the update search up to date.

Example: You search manually, no updates at this moment. One hour later a new update arrives on app store. The automatic search searches one hour later, finds the new update and triggers the badge. If You now click on updates in the app store app, it won't search or show the restults of the automatic search, it just shows the results of the first manually search, so You get no results.

Solution: Kill the app store app (doubleclick in home screen on home button, long click on app store app, click on minus, double click to get home screen again, start app store app), run updates manually again, now You get correct results.

AppStore update badge, but no updates available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.