Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New format problems

I mostly dont like the new format of the forums the old one was way better. However my one and only complaint that pretty much has to get fixed is... I can no longer use system wide spell check on my mac because right clicking brings up some dumb menu

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 12:13 PM

Same complaint. If you control click on the word it will bring up the system dictionary rather then the forums.

19 replies

Apr 20, 2011 12:38 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Except, for that to work, you have to have a doubt about the spelling of a particular word, in the first place.

There is a built in spell checker, the abc icon at the upper right corner.

Since the forums have gone over to https, Firefox's spell checker is no longer working. Does Safari or any other browser have one? I haven't used Safari in ages. If it did, like Firefox, it probably wouldn't be working now anyway.

Apr 20, 2011 12:42 PM in response to WZZZ

WZZZ wrote:

Except, for that to work, you have to have a doubt about the spelling of a particular word, in the first place.

There is a built in spell checker, the abc icon at the upper right corner.

Since the forums have gone over to https, Firefox's spell checker is no longer working. Does Safari or any other browser have one? I haven't used Safari in ages. If it did, like Firefox, it probably wouldn't be working now anyway.

no your wrong... apple macs have a built in system wide spellcheck that when a word is wrong no matter where your typing it underlines it in red. You normally right click on this word and it gives you suggestions... The right clicking part does not work on this forum. We have to control click it instead which isn't that big a deal but its more convenient to just right click.

Apr 20, 2011 1:11 PM in response to sn4p2k

sn4p2k wrote:

I do. Now I have to control click it though.

That's not what you were saying. You had said "when a word is wrong no matter where your typing it underlines it in red."

I too can control-click on a word and get the option to check spelling. That's not the same thing as words being flagged in advance and underlined, which is what the Firefox spell checker -- even with its frequent errors -- used to be doing for me.

Apr 20, 2011 1:18 PM in response to sn4p2k

Although I'm haging a little trouble with your post lacking basic sentence structure and punctuation, I'm here to report that it does not work on mine. I am using Firefox, OS 10.6.7, and intentionally used "haging" insted of "having", and "insted" rather than "instead" - yet, I got nothing - no red line, no other indicator, no spell checker.

New format problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.