11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2011 1:35 PM by Ribblev
red555 Level 4 (2,550 points)

I was trying to use Internet Explorer on Windows 7 and was very frustrated, but after downloading Safari for Windows, the experience greatly improved.

I'll add a question also:

What iPad browsers do you find works best with the new discussions.apple.com ???

The standard Safari seems slightly sluggish on an iPad-1.

IMac, Windows 7, iPad WiFi+3G, iPhone 4, iOS 4
  • snifflesniffle Level 1 (110 points)

I've been posting from Safari on my iPad 1. It seems a little sluggish but nothing that I couldn't deal with. I figured I'd stay with Safari as that would be the supported browser for the Apple Support Communities.

• red555 Level 4 (2,550 points)

Thanks for your feedback. I may try a few others, but I guess I can use Safari/iPad.

The more I use the Safari on Windows, the more I like it. I should have switched sooner.

Yes, I have been noticing the same thing as well. I did not install Safari for windows but now that I was forced to, I really like it!

I guess the next step is to just go ahead and get a Mac...I've had my eyes on a MacBook Air 13"

I went by the Apple store this morning just to browse. I'm leaning towards a Mac Book Pro. But I have a year old Dell that is still running good, so it'll be a year or two...

Oh, I tried Atomic browser on my iPad and it won't let men reply to posts. So back to Safari.

Later.

I meant "it won't let me reply to posts..."

Haha, that got me to LOL.

Sexist Atomic browser!!! JK

• Tuttle Level 7 (29,470 points)

360 Browser for iPad is almost as fast as the browsers I use on my MacBook Pros, and much faster than Safari. Problem is it crashes as soon as certain actions are performed. If you can live with the instability, it has many excellent features, including Firefox Sync, tabbed browsing, full screen, DropBox compatibility and multi-touch gestures.

• Alberto1975 Level 1 (10 points)

The standard safari seems to work fine for me too... Now if only the "customize" feature worked in the iOS Safari, that'd be great. I am fine until I try to add a widget and the "Drag the widget" process just doesn't work! Oh well. Now, it would be great to have an optimized iPhone experience, but I guess the way Apple markets Safari for iOS, customizing the site would be admitting that the web experience on the iPhone is not the full web experience...

• b noir Level 9 (72,060 points)

After the most recent round of maintenance IE 8 has started working for me here, red. (I can reply to posts now and a few other bugs, like the relentless security warnings, also seem to have been fixed.)

Thanks, B Noir, Tuttle and everyone else.

I ran out of stars, but thanks !!!!

If you know about Photo app, here's another question:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3012588

• Ribblev Level 1 (15 points)

It's easy to become involved in these discussions, and just as easy to become overheated.

Most results are produced by inspiration.

I had previously been struggling to make sense of the new  pages , and one participant vaguely suggested that the pages may have been validated through Safari. Yes! everything is OK when the support pages are accessed through Safari. Today after a day away from computers, mobile phones and iPods the new Community pages now work with IE9. There's no need to run in compatibility mode. Apple, as always, have responded in their quiet efficient manner and got on with the work in hand.

Need a break from all things connected with computers, it helps sometimes.

ribblev