Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new Community pages are really good on PC with Safari...

I was trying to use Internet Explorer on Windows 7 and was very frustrated, but after downloading Safari for Windows, the experience greatly improved.

I'll add a question also:

What iPad browsers do you find works best with the new discussions.apple.com ???

The standard Safari seems slightly sluggish on an iPad-1.

😕

IMac, Windows 7, iPad WiFi+3G, iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 9:53 PM

I've been posting from Safari on my iPad 1. It seems a little sluggish but nothing that I couldn't deal with. I figured I'd stay with Safari as that would be the supported browser for the Apple Support Communities.

11 replies

Apr 21, 2011 11:55 PM in response to red555

The standard safari seems to work fine for me too... Now if only the "customize" feature worked in the iOS Safari, that'd be great. I am fine until I try to add a widget and the "Drag the widget" process just doesn't work! Oh well. Now, it would be great to have an optimized iPhone experience, but I guess the way Apple markets Safari for iOS, customizing the site would be admitting that the web experience on the iPhone is not the full web experience...

Apr 22, 2011 1:35 PM in response to b noir

It's easy to become involved in these discussions, and just as easy to become overheated.

Most results are produced by inspiration.

I had previously been struggling to make sense of the new pages , and one participant vaguely suggested that the pages may have been validated through Safari. Yes! everything is OK when the support pages are accessed through Safari. Today after a day away from computers, mobile phones and iPods the new Community pages now work with IE9. There's no need to run in compatibility mode. Apple, as always, have responded in their quiet efficient manner and got on with the work in hand.

Need a break from all things connected with computers, it helps sometimes.

ribblev

The new Community pages are really good on PC with Safari...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.