1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 20, 2011 1:59 PM by McYukon
TGH Level 2 (275 points)

My boss brought me his daughters MacBook running 10.6.5 with the following problem.  When she logs in, the account takes a long time to login and as soon as it is finished it logs her out and sends her back to the login screen.

I tested and found the same problem.  Once the dock and Finder appear, you have like 5 seconds before it kicks you right out.

A few things I did notice: 

• When the desktop comes up, it appears to be an active desktop with changing pictures;
  • When the Dock does come up, there are lots of Question Mark icons, one I was able to tell was the System Preferences - but that could just be because it hasn't linked back in the time before it kicks you out.

Other than that, I just cannot stay in there long enough to do or check anything.  A few things that I did try doing to troubleshoot:

• I tried booting from an install disk and running Disk Repair and Permission repair, to no avail;
  • I tried resetting the NVRAM and PRAM - it did nothing;
  • I tried SAFE BOOT - same thing happened...

If this were any other computer, I would boot in Target Disk mode and backup everything and try to re-install OS X, but since it is a MacBook, there is no FW port...

Anyone know what I can try next or have any ideas or possible solutons?