Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD-Problem & lots more

Hello everybody.

I have a few problems with my mac. i own a Macbook Pro (late 2010). A dvd is stuck in my drive and can't get it out. i was formatting the dvd with disk utility and everything went well. now it suddenly came up that there's no cd. i can't eject it via finder, i can't eject it with the terminal commando's, i can't eject it via itunes, and i can't eject it via my eject key on the keyboard while booting up. when i start my macbook it doesn't make the sound either that its reading my disk drive.

Another problem i have is that i wanted to install windows (with an iso i made). i didn't want to use a disk so i created a partition with botocamp and installed the iso on the partition using parallels. (yes i selected the partition and didn't make an .hdd file on it). that wasn't going that well and mac wouldn't boot up from it. (thats why i wanted to empty the dvd. to burn it on). while installing it also said that Mac OSX prevented the iso from changing the EFI partition.

i used rEFIt as well as my boot loader on my regular mac partition and now it doesn't work anymore either. it just straight boots into mac. Now i have reformatted my hard disk so windows is gone and my mac partition is just one big partition again. but refit still doesn't work. i think this has somthing to do with the EFI partition and that it may be damaged.

the problem is... now i can't repair the efi partition with my Mac OSX installation disk because that other disk is stuck into my disk drive...

Is there a way i can fix this?. when i can get the CD out i can fix al the other problems... but only.. how?

Thank you all very much!

Bodhi Mulders.

EDIT:

i forgot to include the output of the Partition inspector:

*** Report for internal hard disk ***

Current GPT partition table:

# Start LBA End LBA Type

1 40 409639 EFI System (FAT)

2 409640 624618159 Mac OS X HFS+

Current MBR partition table:

# A Start LBA End LBA Type

1 1 625142447 ee EFI Protective

MBR contents:

Boot Code: Unknown, but bootable

Partition at LBA 40:

Boot Code: None (Non-system disk message)

File System: FAT32

Listed in GPT as partition 1, type EFI System (FAT)

Partition at LBA 409640:

Boot Code: None

File System: HFS Extended (HFS+)

Listed in GPT as partition 2, type Mac OS X HFS+

Macbook Pro 15

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 5:52 AM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2011 5:57 AM in response to BeMacized

Try attaching a mouse and holding down the left button of it while booting. That should eject the disk. If not, I suggest you take it to an apple store and ask for your warranty.

You could also install Mac OS X on a USB-drive and boot from that to install Mac OS X back on your drive. That should be at least one of your problems solved.

Apr 21, 2011 6:10 AM in response to mjlemmen

thank you very much for reading my question.

i tried the mouse but that doesnt work. the problem is.. i can't install mac OS-X on an USB drive because i can't use the cd-drive to put the installation disk in. and i thought intel-macs couldn't boot off USB drives? only firewire? or am i wrong?

i'll keep trying and otherwise ill get it to the mac store. i need it constantly for school so i can't miss it for a few days :/

Apr 21, 2011 7:09 AM in response to mjlemmen

i managed to get rEFIt working. there is nothing wrong with the EFI partition and nothing wrong with rEFIt. it was just a stupid mistake i made.

the cd isn't out yet. when i boot up there is no noise coming from the cd drive. the strange thing is... when i open disk utility it says the disk drive is there. so it recognizes it. but it doesn't recognize the cd. the cd doesn't spin, i can still boot Mac OS so there's no problem. i've litterally tried everything to get it out. what can i do?

CD-Problem & lots more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.