Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attention Thomas A Reed: Houston I Think We Have A Problem

Thomas and to the community

When I went to the forums page this morning to login, to my surprise I was alreadty logged in

as Thomas A Reed. That is alarming to say the least. So on my personal my page I was somehow

Thomas A Reed. I immedately logged out, and logged back in and it still said Thomas A Reed. I think

at that point I refreshed the page and then it showed my alias. I immediately email Matt K. and let him

know what happened. The strange thing is when I close Chrome I clear everything except my autofill

for names and password. I don't know if what happened is a security breach, or vulnerability in the system.

Thomas I apologize for mentioning your name here, but had no other way to reach you. I did not compromise

any of your presonal info, in fact I did not even look for it. I went straight to Matt wiht an email.

Regards,

Joseph

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 5:35 AM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2011 6:38 AM in response to MacJoseph

Yikes! That is definitely concerning in its implications. I kind of wish you had made your post as me so we'd see if it was just a display glitch or a more serious issue. Plus it would be kind of cool to have a clone! 🙂 I'll see if I can get any info about this out of the hosts. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention!

Edit: Looks like it's been happening for others, not only getting logged on as me but as others as well. Very strange, and very concerning, but looks like the hosts have to be aware... though they have not responded directly, that I can see.

Attention Thomas A Reed: Houston I Think We Have A Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.