Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brother printer & Airport Extreme

I have been trying and trying and trying and trying to get this darned thing (Brother 3070) working!! Please help!

The manual for the printer tells me to select a WLAN network and put the printer in SES/WPS/AAOS mode - which I did. Then it, in theory, went looking wirelessly for my Airporter Extreme. It thought for 3 minutes and then came back with "No Access Point". The AE is working fine, but the printer can't find it.

So, I looked through this discussion board and saw that I need to "Add Wireless" from the Base Station tab in AirPort Utility. Only problem is there is nowhere to select "add wireless" under the Base Station Tab even though I made sure I have the most current firmware and everything.

Then I found something telling me to add the printer manually from within the printer utilities. Only problem is the printer doesn't show up anywhere on my computer. I installed, uninstalled, & re-installed the drivers from the CD that came with the printer, it doesn't show up anywhere on my computer - nor does it show up as an option to add the printer. It's just non-existent.

Here are the details....

Printer: Brother HL-3070cl

MacbookPro: OS x 10.6.7

Router: Airport Extreme

Wireless mode: Create a wireless network

Wireless security: WPA2 Personal (is that ok even if this is for a business?)

Connect using: ethernet

Configure IPv4: Using DHCP

Any other things I can try before I pull all my hair out??

Airport -OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 8:33 AM

2 replies

Oct 23, 2011 12:21 PM in response to kpolicy

Hi kpolicy,

Any luck? I have the same problem with a HL-4070CDW printer.

The kind Brother support dude keeps on giving me Windows set-up advice.

Björn

Brother printer & Airport Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.