Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I try to buy from app store, it makes me put in password and press "billing info" but then nothing happens. What's wrong? Why can't I download anything?

Every time I try to buy from app store, it makes me put in password and press "billing info" but then nothing happens. What's wrong? Why can't I download anything?

Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 9:04 AM

Hi,

With the Mac App Store open click Account under Quick Links on the right.

Enter your AppleID

Now click the Edit button to the right of: Payment Information

Make sure the Security Code for your credit card is available, then click Done.

Now try making a purchase. If that didn't help, install the v10.6.7 combo update available at this link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361

Restart your Mac after the update is installed.

If you continue to have problems, if you have any third party software installed such as Peer Guardian or Little Snitch, that could be what is preventing you from making purchases.

Carolyn 🙂

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2011 9:04 AM in response to ldapple

Hi,

With the Mac App Store open click Account under Quick Links on the right.

Enter your AppleID

Now click the Edit button to the right of: Payment Information

Make sure the Security Code for your credit card is available, then click Done.

Now try making a purchase. If that didn't help, install the v10.6.7 combo update available at this link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361

Restart your Mac after the update is installed.

If you continue to have problems, if you have any third party software installed such as Peer Guardian or Little Snitch, that could be what is preventing you from making purchases.

Carolyn 🙂

Jul 31, 2012 4:10 AM in response to Francianechery

I have the same problem when I try to download the app it tells me to sign in to verify my account then I sign in to my account it tells me to verify the payment security code and I did put in the security code but it still tells me it was wrong then it says my card is not available. Why? I put in the right code by checking my card again.

Does anybody know why

Sep 28, 2012 7:17 PM in response to ldapple

I also at a time had this issue and a few of my peers. Thee above suggestion made by Carolyn is correct, but I do believe there is another reason that it might be failing that was not mentioned. Now, I have had a couple of peers, also including my self, going through this same problem as having to sign in and it redirectiing you to your account, making sure your billing informaiton is correct and all numbers matching. What I had figured out is, by some chance, at the point where Apple does its billing invoice for the day, when your payment method is charged, if there are insufficient funds available from your card at the time, iTunes will not finalize payment. It will then, be a pending overdue balance on your account. That is why it takes you to your billing information. If and when you put your cards security code, and still doesnt accept it, it means that iTunes is still not being able to charge for the full balance. To confirm this, going to your account in the iTunes on your PC/Mac and checking recent purchases, it will say that there is still a balance due before you are able to make ANY downloads to your devices, it being Free ,Paid App or a App already purcharsed before, iTunes will treat this all the same. Once you enter your billing information again, and iTunes then confirms payment for your pending balance, It will accept your cards security code, save it, and then let you resume to making your purchases/downloads on your account/decvice. Hopefully this helps.

Oct 1, 2012 10:57 AM in response to ldapple

I think I know now why apps store keep asking for the right password or credit card number. If you didn't have enough money in your credit card or debit card acct. they won't let you sign in and keep asking for the right info. I found this out after I check my card balances and show insufficient fund , then I changed to a difference card then it sign me in no problems. Because they knew we still owed them for the (pay apps) that's why they kick us out. Like when we go to play games at Las Vegas if you don't have money you can't just at the game chair. U got stand behind player and watch. I think this will help someone who had problems , including my self too.

Oct 1, 2012 11:14 AM in response to Francianechery

Hey. Francianechery. I don't know if someone help you or you fix your problems yet. But I just want to reply to your ? That you were having problem signing in. Keep asking for Info.(( The same problem I had )) try check your card balances to make sure you don't owed the Apps any funds and make sure your card had enough funds too. If you don't have enough money in the card or problem with the card. It won't let you in until either u pay for their Apps or change credit card acct. hope this help you Or you been help already , please disregard this reply!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.