Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Repeating

Everything is working fine with my Mac App Store, except for an update I have. When it first came out, I downloaded the Twitter for Mac app. Everything was fine. Then an update to the app came, I downloaded it, everything was fine. But now, another update came, I download it, it installs, the app marks as running the new version, but when I launch the App Store again, it says I have the same update again. This happens every time I launch the App Store and I don't know what to do. Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Thanks!

13-Inch Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 9:13 AM

8 replies

Apr 21, 2011 10:57 AM in response to sancastelazo

Open a Finder window. Select your Home folder in the Sidebar on the left then open the Library folder then the Caches folder.

Move the com.apple.appstore and the com.apple.storeagent files from the Caches folder to the Trash

From the same Library folder open the Preferences folder.

Move these files Preferences folder to the Trash: com.apple.appstore.plist and com.apple.storeagent.plist

Same Library folder open the Cookies folder. Move the com.apple.appstore.plist file from the Cookies folder to the Trash.

Relaunch the MAS.

C

Jun 23, 2011 3:23 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn,

Is been a while since my last post. I have now upgraded to v10.6.8 hoping that this update would solve this issue that I still have, but with no luck. So I followed your first set of instructions again, deleting the "com.apple" files, then deleting the Twitter app and relaunching the MAS.

But, even with the app completely deleted from my Mac, when I relaunch the MAS, it still shows the update, and when I download it, it installs the app once more, and then it keeps showing the update even though it is already installed.

Is there anything else I can do to solve it?

Thank you very much!!

Jul 26, 2011 11:22 PM in response to sancastelazo

Try this: When the Mac App Store first came out there was a blog post that said you could crack a paid app by using the receipt of a free app. You or someone with access to you computer probably tested this claim by copying the Twitter receipt into for example an Angry Birds app. It didn't seem to do anything and you or the person soon forgot about it. But apparently it did do something. This!

Anyway, deleting the hacked app makes the update go away.

Update Repeating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.