Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did Erik Simon go?

He vanished from the Top 4 list, why? He was one of the most active posters here? Did something turn him off? The new layout maybe 🙂

Mac Pro 8 Core 3Ghz/9 GB RAM/3x500 GB Sata/2x30, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Logic 9

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 12:23 PM

For some reason, maybe an accident.... during the forum changeover Erik's slate was wiped clean. First his account was deactivated, then nothing left of his Apple cred!

If anyone should have had their account disabled it was me but I seem to have been bypassed.

pancenter-

21 replies

Apr 21, 2011 2:34 PM in response to Bee Jay

Bee Jay wrote:

That's weird, his account is still here and active and so are his posts...

Right, but for some reason the new forum wouldn't accept his password and told him his account was deactivated. When it did finally accept his password his "status" was no longer listed.

He posted here...

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=362915#362915

Ok.... reading the above closer, looks like Erik got in a bit of a tangle because some posts were deleted by the Mods.

pancenter-

Apr 21, 2011 3:51 PM in response to Sampleconstruct

Wow - this is pretty crazy. I read the LPH post and it's hard to decipher what's happened here but the bottom line is this forum has lost one of it's finest, friendliest and most helpful posters.

I hope Erik reads this and we should all wish him our warmest regards. It's easy to get caught up in online nonsense sometimes and at the end of the day it doesn't mean much.

If we give a little we get a little if we're lucky and Erik gave a lot and countless people have benefitted from his help over the years (including me).

I don't post here much anymore (or anywhere really) but do read from time to time. I'm always grateful for help when I need it but luckily I can usually take care of things myself. But I do value a community where we all share something in common and the Apple policies/moderations are sometimes questionable.

Here's to Erik and wishing him well!

Apr 22, 2011 2:45 PM in response to Dr_Jezz

I'd second the above comments. It's good to go to this forum and get help with Logic from you people; especially appreciated when the people who answer your questions have no interest at all in the success of your Logic activities.

Why have Apple altered the design of this forum? I thought it was fine before. Logging in used to take me directly to the Logic Pro pages as I recall. Now it doesn't.

Apr 22, 2011 4:24 PM in response to David Topple

David Topple wrote:

Why have Apple altered the design of this forum? I thought it was fine before. Logging in used to take me directly to the Logic Pro pages as I recall. Now it doesn't.

Not only that... the new forum displays approx 1/2 the information the previous version used to, also... there's no reverting to a "saved/backup" copy if something goes wrong.

Hope this isn't more Apple philosophy of less choices = happier people.

I'm really hoping they change the Login so you do not leave the forum your signing in from.

That's plain stupid!

pancenter-

p.s. Is there a way to adjust the rather large point size font used to display posts?

Apr 24, 2011 8:07 PM in response to Eddie Eagle

I totally agree Eddie - it drives me nuts. The previous type face and layout was intelligent and elegant and classy.. and gave more information.

The designers of this new layout ( and it must have a cost a fortune) really ought to be held to account as to why they chose this design and chucked out a very distinctive design brand for the forum.

Also on the subject of Erik Simon: he is an absolutely top guy very generous with his time and expertise .. and if they have done him the disservice of cutting away and not restoring all his points.. which mean something as a record of one's contribution to the community, then the Moderators - with great respect - really arent doing their job by persecuting someone who is a very valued member of the community

Lets hope that this is just a glitch and not a deliberate act

M S

Apr 25, 2011 8:19 AM in response to Sampleconstruct

Hm... pretty sad what's going on here and I know some posts from this thread have been deleted (e.g. Noeq's departure message for some reason).

Who exactly is left from the 'Top Participants' board? ErikSimon is gone, iSchwartz went some time ago, Noeq is now gone.

Apple should be disappointed that it has lost so many of it's valued contributors, because it is they who allow the myriad Logic users to meet their needs.

All too often we have to put up with the same old ill-informed posters and it doesn't make for a pro environment or community that high level users want to be a part of. Instead Apple focus on superficial enhancements which actually frustrate people more!

Well, see you around guys - whichever forum that happens to be!

Apr 25, 2011 5:16 PM in response to siderealxxx

Yeah my last post got deleted, probably because I used the word 'censored' (oh the irony). You know I've been using Macs since the Apple II and (my first personal machine was a plus) and I've supported Apple right through the bad old days and now I'm getting posts deleted by an Apple employee on a forum where expert users come voluntarily to explain how Apple products function for free to new users. This is unutterably stupid, leaves a pretty sour taste and at the end of the day, doesn't do anything for the forum, but like I said, maybe this thread will just linger on ...

Where did Erik Simon go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.