Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to remix a song in garage band on my iPad 2. How do I import a track from iTunes to garage band on my iPad?

Pretty much what the question states. I would like to remix some songs I have on iTunes through garage band but i don't know how to import the full track into garage band so I can edit it and rap/sing over it. Help?

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 2:55 PM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2011 12:28 AM in response to Talktowaz

This is a poor way of doing this but the only way I found to do this is to record your music into the sampler using the microphone then record the sample. I don't like doing this because of clarity and lack of manipulating the track once created. It would be nice if GB added this feature. Also it would be cool if you could mix down the tracks into one so we could have more tracks to work with.

Jul 1, 2015 10:43 PM in response to Talktowaz

plus your iPad into the computer and find it in iTunes. Go to Apps. Scroll to the bottom. Select Garage Band App. Import the file of the song you want into Garage Band App. Once that's done, go into Garage Band App. In the top control bar make sure that you're not in an instrument view but rather the full view of your song where you can see all your instruments playing.. in the top right corner you'll see the "loop" button ( inbetween the metronome and the levels buttons - it looks like a sketch of a roller coaster loop 😉). click that, goto Audio Files and you should see your song there... assuming it's in the right audio format.

I want to remix a song in garage band on my iPad 2. How do I import a track from iTunes to garage band on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.