Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6 home directory mounting with active directory and open directory integration

Hi guys i am having some issues in my new mac environment. I have a windows network with an server 2008 active directory. I have just recentlly created a "magic triangle" setup with active directory and open directory. When my users login via windows their home folders mount perfect. When any user logs in to any iMac in the building it does not work. They login perfectly fine, but their home folders do not mount. When i try mounting them manually with smb, i get a prompt for credentials. I am thinking this is my issue, my Single sign on with kerbos is working but for some reason is not logging in correctly. If i type in my credentials with my domain first then my name it works.

For example DOMAIN\jsmith works, but the way i think the mac and active directory is doing it now is just jsmith without the DOMAIN.

I feel like this is the problem with the home folders not mounting.

Can anyone provide some help with this?

Thanks,

Dani

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 5:36 PM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2011 6:08 PM in response to dani190

Hi dani190,

are you using the fully qualified domain name of the network server? ie if your server is bob. and your domain is domain.company.com. then the FQDNS would typically be bob.domain.company.com or bob.company.com.

If the FQDNS works, then have you checked in the AD to make sure the path to the network home folder uses the FQDNS?

For the contact search path, did you put the AD at the top the list? (in directory utility)

Did you set the WINS work group on your client computer to your domain?

ie:Apple Menu, System Preferences, Network, Active Network Port (ethernet and or airport) , Advanced Button, WINS Tab, set workgroup to the name of your domain. ie domain.company.com and or company.com

10.6 home directory mounting with active directory and open directory integration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.