Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD shuffle wont work in Nissan altima usb port

Has anyone had a problem using an ipod shuffle with the usb port in a Nissan Altima, or with any other car for that matter?

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 7:03 AM

I have a 2010 Altima and I was using my new ipod touch with no problem for about a month. recently my ipod gives me the message "this accessory is not supported", but not all the time. If I get the message i try disconnecting and plugging it in again until it works.

4 replies

Feb 13, 2016 5:55 AM in response to A7madZ

iPod shuffle is a very simple device. It may not be supported. Check the documentation for your car audio system and review the list of supported devices.

NOTE: Those car audio USB ports usually support common USB flash drives. Instead of using an iPod shuffle (or any Apple device) with your car audio system, you should consider getting an inexpensive USB flash drive, filling it with song files, and keeping it connected to the car audio system all the time (until you want to change the songs). It will save wear-and-tear on your Apple device (from constant connecting and disconnecting). Also check your car audio system documentation for information, such as compatible capacity, formatting, and audio file types.

Here's one that barely sticks out of the USB port (with 8x the capacity of an iPod shuffle).

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/SanDisk/SDCZ33016G/

IPOD shuffle wont work in Nissan altima usb port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.