Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstall a stubborn program

Hi all,

I downloaded the progarm BOOM for a trial on my iMac. The trial expired. Then I started getting a pop-up window everytime I open FireFox about joining Shriek on Facebook or something or other which includes the Boom icon.

So, then tried to uninstall Boom. Dragged App icon into Trash, got msg that Boom was open and couldn't be deleted. Have tried to open Boom to find a preference option to uninstall to no avail; it does not show up in the Finder.

Have re-booted, just in case. Same problems.

Without being able to close/quit the program I seem utterly stuck.

I have had a quick search on the forums and found someone else had problems with Boom, but it's a different issue to mine (see How to Remove an Audio Device)

Thanks in advance for your help

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 2:40 AM

try this:

• boot your Mac into safe mode. this will disable all startup items and login items and only required kernel extensions will load.
  • use the technique described in this user tip to find and remove any remnants of the app.

when done, reboot your Mac normally and see if the problem persists.

2 replies

uninstall a stubborn program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.