Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant import .avi files into Aperture 3

I am in process of giving Aperture a trial. I'm really hoping this will work I have a Nikon D300s and I am unable to import any video files either from my library or directly from camera it just places them in a separate folder saying it can not handle them.. they are just .avi files.

I'm sure it is something simple I'm missing .. but have tried searching google for anything and have come up blank

thank you for any help 😊

MacBook C2D, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 6:05 AM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2011 8:10 AM in response to NaturesPixel

Natures,

Welcome to the user-supported Aperture discussion group.

Not all AVI files are created equal. (They are more equal than RAW files, which is just a general name for a bunch of separate, independent formats, but still, not all AVIs are equal.)

Have you check this page: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4025 ? It indicates the specifics about video formats that Aperture supports.

I assume you have the Aperture 3 trial.

nathan

Apr 22, 2011 10:53 AM in response to Mr Endo

Mr. Endo,

Yes i had seen that before I posted.. i have a D300s it states that it should be able to import my files..

and that my camera is compatible...

And your assumption is correct i currently have a Macbook from 2007 my new imac arrives Monday I want something that can handle my d300s files including movies.. i would rather stick with apple software since it works with apple.. my movies are for nothing fancy just to share with my family back home.. but i want to be able to trim and edit slightly ..

im getting frustrated that i can not do this 😟

i hope someone has an answer

Cant import .avi files into Aperture 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.