Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I restarted my iphone today. Now its in Recovery mode. why ?

Last night im playing chess on my iphone4.

Then the iphone starts acting really slow and chuncky for no reason.

So i think, maybe i should i do a reboot. So i hold down the home button and the top button

at the same time for 15 seconds. The iphone shuts down and beggins to restart as normal.

then BAM i get this picture on the iphone. Its a usb plug going into an Itunes Icon.

My phone wont turn on. *** is going on ? This phone is not HACKED its not UNLOCKED.

Never dropped....

So not i plug it in to a computer with itunes. And now itunes says i have to do a full reset...

It says its going to remove ALL MY APPS / PICTURES / CONTACTS... ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt do ANYTHING to my iphone. I was just playing chess.

Im going to SUE the F**K out of apple if i dont get ALL my apps / pictures / and contacts back.

*** is going on with my iphone ??????????

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 8:47 AM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2011 1:27 PM in response to Solar71

Your apps are part of the iTunes library on your computer and they can also be downloaded again for free:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

Photos taken with your phone, contacts and app data are part of the latest backup you made.
You can use this backup to restore your phone again.
To be on the safe side, copy the iphone backup folder to a separate place, in case you'll need it again.
See this article about backups for more details about the location of this folder and the content of the backup and how to use it to get your data back: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

I restarted my iphone today. Now its in Recovery mode. why ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.