Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just Looking for a Good Workflow...

Hello All,

I have 4 interviews of 4 individual subjects. I've cut and diced them all up in my FCP timeline to = 3.4 mins with a nice audio bed behind them.

I know I want to use the Noise Reduction tool in Soundtrack to take out some of the hiss, but I believe I'm going about it wrong. First of all, as i said, I'm only working with 4 original sound clips here. Shouldn't I just have to use the Noise Reduction tool 4 times total?

Well with that being said, I tried selecting all the audio associated with those clips in the timeline, right clicking and sending them to Soundtrack as a multi-track project. I was shown an error, and that was that. After I tried multiple times to achieve the multi-track, I had to settle with the first option, "Send to Soundtrack Pro Audio File Project."

This method was working great, however TIME CONSUMING.

Then to top it all off, I have one audio clip in particular that has gone missing. In Soundtrack Pro I performed Noise Reduction, and then a channel equalizer. When I saved I was shown a short message about "before I save I should Action Render first." Well, I don't know why I didn't action render before saving... but now my audio file back in FCP is "whited out" and there's no render file associated with it because it has gone missing.

I have 2 questions:

1) what's the best/fastest way to perform a Noise Reduction and possibly a channel equalizer to all 4 of my audio tracks?

2) Is there a way to recover that audio render file that I lost because I saved it without rendering first? (It still works perfectly in Soundtrack)

I want to say thank you so so much to anyone who reads this cry for help.

JS

P.S. I'm shooting with a JVC 100 and a Sony HD camcorder. I'm running the newest version of FC and Soundtrack on a fairly powerful new iMac.

Thanks in advance!

White MacbBook, G5 2Ghz 2.5GB, iPhone 3G. iMac 21.5" i5, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2011 9:48 AM

I think you figured out your first issue on your own--sending a clip only as a multitrack project from timeline should give an error--if you want to send all audio with video you should right click the sequence from the browser and all gets send to STP as a multitrack project. OR as you did, right click a clip from timeline and choose send as Audio Project.

STP gives you two choices to work with your audio from FCP--(1) as single clip or clips and (2) as a whole sequence with all clips in timeline (multitrack).

To answer your first question--I would send the sequence over as a multitrack file--finish all audio --a export audio back out to bring into your FCP. But thats me--you might want to do one clip at a time.

2nd question--right click on another audio clip that was near the lost clip and select Reveal in Finder to get a clue where your lost clip might be.

Note: I'm new at STP so take what I have to say with caution.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2011 9:48 AM in response to wetdog160

I think you figured out your first issue on your own--sending a clip only as a multitrack project from timeline should give an error--if you want to send all audio with video you should right click the sequence from the browser and all gets send to STP as a multitrack project. OR as you did, right click a clip from timeline and choose send as Audio Project.

STP gives you two choices to work with your audio from FCP--(1) as single clip or clips and (2) as a whole sequence with all clips in timeline (multitrack).

To answer your first question--I would send the sequence over as a multitrack file--finish all audio --a export audio back out to bring into your FCP. But thats me--you might want to do one clip at a time.

2nd question--right click on another audio clip that was near the lost clip and select Reveal in Finder to get a clue where your lost clip might be.

Note: I'm new at STP so take what I have to say with caution.

Just Looking for a Good Workflow...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.