Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you do a private bookmark in these forums?

Wow. I just got back from a long week-end vacation to discover that the new community was here. Takes some getting used to. I have been looking to see how to do a private bookmark, since it seems that subscriptions are gone. I had a number of those which I was following as I was learning different things and it seems I will have to start over. But I would prefer that most of them not be open to everyone to see. I have one bookmarked now and I can't tell if it is public or private. Not that big a deal. I have a few other questions about how this forum will work, but in the next few weeks I expect most of them will either be asked or I will find through searching someone else has asked them.

This is going to be a learning experience. 😀

Laverne's Mom

iMac 21", Mac OS X (10.6.7), Safari 5.0.4 ipod touch

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 9:52 AM

When you click on the Bookmark this link there is a checkbox marked Privacy which you can tick to ensure nobody else can see what you've marked for review.

You can use Your Stuff...Bookmarks to view your bookmarks and Edit them if you want to change the privacy settings. Private bookmarks have a little padlock after the title.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2011 9:52 AM in response to lavernes-mom

When you click on the Bookmark this link there is a checkbox marked Privacy which you can tick to ensure nobody else can see what you've marked for review.

You can use Your Stuff...Bookmarks to view your bookmarks and Edit them if you want to change the privacy settings. Private bookmarks have a little padlock after the title.

tt2

Apr 22, 2011 10:01 AM in response to snifflesniffle

Its easier to read these discussions. and the emoticons are right there for those of us addicted to the silly things 😉 to use. Anything brand new always takes time to get used to. Do you know if you can give more than 1 correct answer? and more than 2 helpful answers? We were pretty limited in the old forum and sometimes I would have liked to acknowledged more people's responses. I suppose I could ask this seperately, but I just thought of it.

Thanks for your response.

Apr 22, 2011 10:14 AM in response to Tuttle

No of course not . 😁 I got back on Tuesday night. It took me until this morning to figure out my way around this forum and trying to find out if somewhere my question had been answered. Searching isn't quite the same and I have to admit I spent a lot of time in this discussion community reading the comments back and forth about how people feel about the change. Which was a very good way to discover what is still around and what isn't. Interesting what some of the new avatars are too.

how do you do a private bookmark in these forums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.