Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change playback speed

I'm using Quicktime Player to play back audio files from a voice recorder. Is there a control to change (slow down) the playback speed? I can't find it.

iMac Alum 20", Core 2 Duo, 2GHz, 3 GB / Macbook (2010), Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 3:02 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2011 6:40 PM in response to Jon Walker

I ran into a hurdle. I can't install QT 7 because I already have QT X--and the installer said to use the software update function to stay current.

Which is more current--7 or X? When I run an update check I'm not prompted to get QT 7 (?).

(As a workaround, I'm using VLC, in the meantime.)

Apr 27, 2011 6:58 PM in response to CTS

I ran into a hurdle. I can't install QT 7 because I already have QT X--and the installer said to use the software update function to stay current.

You are probably trying to install the Leopard version of the QT 7 Player app on a Snow Leopard system. Instead, install the special Snow Leopard version of the QT 7 Payer app. (Use the installer on your Snow Leopard installation disk for Snow Leopard OS earlier than vX.6.3 or the QT Player 7.6.6 for Snow Leopard vX.6.3 and later.)

Which is more current--7 or X?

QT 7 is the product of 20 years of development. As such, it has more features, can be upgraded as an editing utility ("Pro" keyed for $29.99), and has better compatibility with older compression formats. The QT X player is based on new technology but is still in its infancy as far as development is concerned. Since both apps can be installed and used simultaneously under Snow Leopard, most serious users keep both installed and use whichever best suits their needs at any given time. (Note: The Snow Leopard version of QT 7 is installed in the "Applications/Utilities" folder and should be kept there if you want it to be recognized/updated automatically.)

User uploaded file

change playback speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.