Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a checklist in Pages (not Numbers) ?

Hello all,

Just curious if ANYONE out there has figured out how to implement a checkable checklist in Pages. I am familiar with the Checklist template in Numbers, but it is not very pretty, for lack of a better word. I need to create a stylish checklist in Pages that I can email out to employees, they can fill out, and send back. Any suggestions?

(I am also familiar with the check boxes in the Image Bullets section of Inspector, but it is too complicated for some of my less tech-savvy employees to go change the bullet for each line they need to check off - not to mention a hassle. The intuitive thing would be for them to be able to simply click on the empty box, at which point a check would appear. Please help.)

Thank you!

Jen

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Pages

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 5:12 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 3:01 AM in response to ilearn.jr

I know ilearn.jr that you may have already found a solution after all this time, but since the topic is open, there may be other people trying to find a solution in this. I am one of them…

What I 'm going to write, works in case you want to make a checkbox list and then print it on paper (and check with pen).

I think that the best you can do is to do a bullets list. Then you can choose another kind of symbol instead of bullets by going to the format (usually on the left of the document) and go to "Bullets and Lists". There are two drop down lists. The first is for choosing the kind of the list (pick "image"). The second is for choosing the kind of bullets. If you 've already picked "Image" on the first list, then the choose for the second one turns automatically to "image bullets", otherwise you can do it yourself. Then, "Current image" drop down list apears, and there you can pick a square box. Size is adjustable as well.

In case you want to use this list only in the document (as a file), without printing it, you may use alternately checked and unchecked boxes from image gallery.

I hope this will work for you.

Thomas (using Pages 5.5.3)

How can I create a checklist in Pages (not Numbers) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.