Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got a new iphone from a friend but there is a passcode and she dont rem it what do i do

i really need help my iphone broke so i bought one rom a friend but she dont rember her passcode what do i do

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 6:57 PM

To circumvent a forgotten passcode you would need to restore the iPhone to factory settings. This will remove the software and data/content from your iPhone as well.

To put your iPod/iPhone into recovery mode:

1. Make sure the iPod/iPhone is connected to a computer with iTunes installed on it.

2. Hold down the sleep/wake button(top button) and the home button at the same time until the iPod/iPhone screen goes black then shows the apple logo(usually 10-15 seconds).

3. Once the apple logo appears on the screen, let go of the sleep/wake button and keep holding the home button.

4. The ipod/iphone screen should show an itunes logo and usb cable if you were successful. A dialog box will appear in iTunes that states an iPod/iPhone in recovery mode has been detected if you are successful.

5. Click ok, then click the Restore button

After that you should be up and running in no time!

I hope that this is helpful.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2011 6:57 PM in response to chelseyfromoran

To circumvent a forgotten passcode you would need to restore the iPhone to factory settings. This will remove the software and data/content from your iPhone as well.

To put your iPod/iPhone into recovery mode:

1. Make sure the iPod/iPhone is connected to a computer with iTunes installed on it.

2. Hold down the sleep/wake button(top button) and the home button at the same time until the iPod/iPhone screen goes black then shows the apple logo(usually 10-15 seconds).

3. Once the apple logo appears on the screen, let go of the sleep/wake button and keep holding the home button.

4. The ipod/iphone screen should show an itunes logo and usb cable if you were successful. A dialog box will appear in iTunes that states an iPod/iPhone in recovery mode has been detected if you are successful.

5. Click ok, then click the Restore button

After that you should be up and running in no time!

I hope that this is helpful.

Mar 3, 2015 5:01 PM in response to BMWTT

Is it asking for her Apple ID passcode, or the screen lock passcode? If it is the Apple ID passcode the phone still has Activation Lock enabled. She will have to follow these instructions: What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To save you the trouble of asking, the is the only solution if the phone is activation locked.

If it is just the screen passcode lock then the phone needs to be restored from Recovery Mode

i got a new iphone from a friend but there is a passcode and she dont rem it what do i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.