Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen is grainy and colors distorted.

Hi everyone,

Currently, my Macbook Pro (early 2011) is experiencing graphic display issues. My screen's is grainy and somewhat pixelated, which makes the color distorted. I resolved this problem once after closing and opening my lid (sleeping and turning it back on), but now that does not help anymore. I also noticed that, in the past, when I restarted or shut-down my computer, it would have random color distortions on the blue screen as well. When I try to take a screenshot of this problem and open the picture on another computer, the picture appears fine, so i'm assuming its an issue with my screen.Also, when I turn on "Automatic graphics switching," my System Profiler information still indicates that my AMD RAdeon HD 6750 is running.

How can I fix this problem? Thank you!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Early 2011 model

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 7:02 PM

5 replies

Apr 22, 2011 7:32 PM in response to carsonpwns

System Preferences/Display/Display

Check the Colors & Brightness settings.

My Color setting is set to Millions which I believe is the default setting.

Now click on the Color button.

Check Display Profile

Is Show profiles for this display only enabled or disabled?

If necessary click on the Calibrate button & do the necessary.

Now in the bottom right corner, click on the purple button w/the black *?* mark in the middle. This will bring up the help window.

Midway down, click on the Colorsync Utility link.

The next window should be Profile First Aid.

Read & follow the instructions/details of About Profile First Aid: & do the necessary to Verify & Repair.

Screen is grainy and colors distorted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.