Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently updated my iTunes software however when I launched the application it up with an error which I tried to solve by uninstalling iTunes. After reinstalling iTunes it now says that it cannot find “apple application support” and has windows error 2!

I recently updated my iTunes software (on Vista). However when I launched the application it came up with an error which I tried to solve by uninstalling iTunes. After reinstalling iTunes it now says that it cannot find “apple applicationsupport” and has windows error 2. Help Please???

Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 4:02 AM

After reinstalling iTunes it now says that it cannot find “apple applicationsupport” and has windows error 2. Help Please???

Let's try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR:

http://www.rarlab.com/

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, does iTunes launch properly now?

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2011 4:02 AM in response to Bexiboo

After reinstalling iTunes it now says that it cannot find “apple applicationsupport” and has windows error 2. Help Please???

Let's try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR:

http://www.rarlab.com/

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, does iTunes launch properly now?

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

Apr 23, 2011 4:04 AM in response to Bexiboo

It might be worth trying a stand alone install ofApple Application support.

Download the iTunes installer and save it in your downloads folder if you haven't already done so.

The files will be either itunessetup.exe or itunes64setup.exe for a64 bit system.

Open notepad and copy the following 3 lines into it.

md temp

itunes64setup /extract temp

pause

Remove 64 for 32 bit itunes.

Save the file as extract.bat into the same folder that contains the itunes installer.

Open the downloads folder and you should find the extract file thatyou saved. Double click on it and a black window will open tellingyou what it is doing. When it's finished, press any key to continue.

You should find that a folder called temp has been created containingall the itunes msi files including Apple Application Support.msi.

Double click on Apple Application support.msi

Does it install OK?

If not give the error message in full.

Oops we posted at the same time b, sorry.

Apr 23, 2011 10:10 AM in response to Bexiboo

I am getting same error. I have tried what you have written above but still no luck.

I can see the Apple Application support in the control panel. I uninstalled it and then installed another version using the stand-alone approach you mentioned above. But my itunes still does not open.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

Please help!

Dec 29, 2013 3:12 AM in response to Bexiboo

Hello,

I have the same error. I do what it's indicate before but it doesn't work for me. I'm using windows 7 64

During the installation, I have this error message :

policy8.0Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.6195",publicK eyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"

Thank you for your help.

I recently updated my iTunes software however when I launched the application it up with an error which I tried to solve by uninstalling iTunes. After reinstalling iTunes it now says that it cannot find “apple application support” and has windows error 2!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.