Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unicast to Multicast Relay - how?

I am currently working on streaming lectures across campus using the following equipment:

MacBook Pro running Wirecast Pro 4 software (from telestream)

This is sending an H.264 1280x720(Announce to QuickTime Streaming) video stream to a MacMini Server running 10.6.7 Server and QuickTime Streaming Server (QTSS).

The MacMini Server is on an MBone (Nortel Multicast enabled switch network).

I am able to receive unicast streams no problem (typing in rtsp://macminiserver.com/name_of_file.sdp

What I want to achieve is a unicast to multicast relay, which (if possible) is enabled depending on the name of the incoming .sdp file

I have asked many forums, read the manuals and guides, but just can't figure this out. I really need a step by step explanation as to how to do this.

In more detail, if I start a stream on my MacBook Pro called 'test.sdp,' I want the relay to be set up so that if QTSS receives a unicast stream with a 'test.sdp' file, it will then multicast that stream using a 234.x.x.x address to the network. If QTSS receives a stream with another name i.e. apple.sdp, the multicast relay will ignore it.

I should also note that the MacBook Pro itself is not on a multicast enabled network, so I am unable to do the multicast directly from Wirestream.

MacMini Server-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 5:12 AM

1 reply

Unicast to Multicast Relay - how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.