6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 9:42 PM by KrishnaReddy
kenfromgreen bay Level 1 Level 1

Can I replace just glass on iPad 2?

iPad 2
  • JackTheMac Level 1 Level 1

Apple will give you a replacement for $199/$299 from your warranty . Make an appointment at the Genius Bar first, here's the link: http://apple.com/retail/geniusbar. Unlucky Man

• Skibaldy Level 1 Level 1

My Dad broke the glass on his two month old IPad and the Apple store charge him $500.00 to replace. Is this standard Apple store pricing?

• varjak paw Level 10 Level 10

If it was a 64GB iPad with 3G, then the price US would have been $419 plus local sales taxes. So yes, a charge close to $500 could well have been standard pricing.

Just FYI, you replied to a post that was made back in April. That's usually not going to get you much in the way of useful assistance.

Regards.

• Skibaldy Level 1 Level 1

Thanks Dave,

Yes it was a 64GB IPad2. I just thought $500.00 was a little steep for broken glass replacement on 2 month old IPad with warranty.

Regards

• varjak paw Level 10 Level 10

Warranty does not cover accidental damage. And Apple charges a flat fee and replaces the iPad; they don't repair a user's original unit. So the fee can be steep relative to the problem in some instances. But a flat fee like this is rather common for most devices of this type.

• KrishnaReddy Level 1 Level 1

Isn't anyone feeling that this is a total rip off. I am coming back from the store and they quoted $299 for the replace ment. This is for the new ipad whose original price was $499. I didn't replace it I am looking at other alternatives. In any case I will not repair it and use it just like that. But one thing is sure.. I have 6 apple products in my house and this broken iPad will be the last one. Good bye apple