Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to i split audio clips? Imovie 11

I'm trying to split a voice over audio clip I recorded in Quicktime and imported into my project. I can't find the precision editor nor can I select the clip and activate the split clip command under the Clip menu. It's dim. I cannot find out how to split it. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using iMovie 11.

MacBook Pro Intel Core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 9:53 AM

First I think you must turn on Show Advanced Tools from Preferences to be able to see the Precision Editor. You don't need that to split a clip though. The easiest way is to right click on a clip where you want to split it and choose Split Clip.

4 replies

Apr 23, 2011 11:02 AM in response to Ronniebel

One thing I don't understand is the different between dragging an audio clip over the project (which makes the large green background) and dragging it over a clip (which makes a thin green line below the clips. In the latter case I was able to split clips (but only with the cmd shift S key). In the former, I couldn't at all. Everything was dim and the key board short cut didn't work either.

How to i split audio clips? Imovie 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.