Skip navigation

How to i split audio clips? Imovie 11

28719 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 4:43 PM by johncla RSS
Ronniebel Level 1 Level 1 (85 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 23, 2011 8:46 AM

I'm trying to split a voice over audio clip  I recorded in Quicktime and imported into my project. I can't find the precision editor nor can I select the clip and activate the split clip command under the Clip menu.  It's dim.  I cannot find out how to split it.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using iMovie 11.

MacBook Pro Intel Core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.6)
  • Michele Gardner Level 2 Level 2 (390 points)
    Apr 23, 2011 9:53 AM (in response to Ronniebel)

First I think you must turn on Show Advanced Tools from Preferences to be able to see the Precision Editor.  You don't need that to split a clip though.  The easiest way is to right click on a clip where you want to split it and choose Split Clip.

• johncla Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Mar 6, 2014 4:43 PM (in response to Michele Gardner)

Using iMovie 11 on Mac 10.8.3, when I right-click on a sound track, this is the menu I see:iMovie.png

No 'split clip'.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.